PS 7900 lightest chainsawsaw ever made?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got an email from one of my brothers, a long time arborist.

His primary work saws are a 372 and a 394, plus odds and ends other smaller Huskies and a couple Shindaiwas. When he needs a really big saw he rents one.

I am a bad influence on him, as he knows how much I love running the 7900. He's tried mine, too, and was pretty impressed.

He just ordered a 7900 from a place local to him that has sold the odd Dolmar for a number of years, although mostly pretty modded ones. (Actually my brother has as one of his personal saws a maybe 10 year old modded Dolmar, don't know the model. It's cuts a blue streak for it's size(maybe 65 cc or so?) but he doesn't like the noise, as he is an urban cutter. I've run it and it's really really loud.)

It will be a good test for durability, as the 7900 will get run pretty much every day and will get shared, which seems to really find a saws weak spot. Another 7900 let loose in the PNW.

Last edited:
I'll rephrase that (modifying my position to incorporate everything I learned from AS)

All saws are junk. Anyone that buys or uses any saw of any brand for any reason is a complete idiot:greenchainsaw:

Out of reppppp :D

Back