PS-7900 vs PS-7910

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure they're nice. Less power....? Yeah that's more than likely too. I'm sure it's a powerhouse though. I have less of a desire to have everything ported anyways - with a ported XPW and my 039 I'm happy as could be and I'd prolly be just as happy with a stock 7910'er in the pen....

I understand that...
I ran your 371 in sconnie last week...
It's pretty snotty...
:msp_sneaky:

So........has anyone ran a 7910 with a 'modified' SLR muffler yet? It's been a few weeks since this was last discussed in this thread.:popcorn:

So........has anyone ran a 7910 with a 'modified' SLR muffler yet? It's been a few weeks since this was last discussed in this thread.:popcorn:

The only thing I know about that, is that the power spec is down by .3 kW/.4 hp, which is consistent with the obviously added "blowback" from a muffler like that - and now is lower than for the MS460 and 461, rather than higher.

SO was this ever settled?

Is a MM 7910 an improvement, does the chamber take much power to give economy?
I am wondering, is a second port the way to go on mm for 7910, obviously easier than opening up the first if not removing the inserted round pipe.

If so who has dual ported there 7910 muff?

Can't speak to the muffler mod question, we haven't seen much room for improvement with the stock SLR muffler.

I can say, that we have had these 7910s for almost a year now, and have near 50 of them out being professionally used in this area now.

The 7910 is in for repairs much less often than the 7900s were. I LOVE the new carbs. Easy to set and they tend to stay that way once we dial them in.

For use limbing and cutting smaller softwood the 7900 was/is faster than a 7910.

In a big block of maple the 7910 will out lug the stock 7900 and is faster by a whisker. Faster than stock MS460 and 390xp too, but I'm not here to get into that discussion.

Can't speak to the muffler mod question, we haven't seen much room for improvement with the stock SLR muffler.

I can say, that we have had these 7910s for almost a year now, and have near 50 of them out being professionally used in this area now.

The 7910 is in for repairs much less often than the 7900s were. I LOVE the new carbs. Easy to set and they tend to stay that way once we dial them in.

For use limbing and cutting smaller softwood the 7900 was/is faster than a 7910.

In a big block of maple the 7910 will out lug the stock 7900 and is faster by a whisker. Faster than stock MS460 and 390xp too, but I'm not here to get into that discussion.

That's actually good info...
Thank you....

I'm hearing whispers in the wind that there will be a brand new 7910 at the Iowa GTG and will be going to Shaun Carr's shop for "improvements." I might poke him and see if he won't make a thread or post here the results he got. I'd like to see 4 stages in timed cuts.

1.) Stock
2.) muffler mod and carb adjustment
3.) traditional intake and exhaust port (no timing change but set squish at .019-.021)
4.) full blown squish band cut and porting of the whole saw... (shaun's "INFINITY" porting)

Good deal, the retainer that holds the clutch and rim sprocket on broke on mine (muddy stumps, termites and dirt) and I want to mod the oiler for more flow with a 36" bar, but strong saw.

Latest posts

Back