Pulled the trigger on a 361 today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see that the 441 had a 25" bar, but I don't see what size the 361 had. If the 361 had a short bar, say 16", an 8 tooth sprocket, and the 441 was dogged down with the longer bar, then the 361 could easily outcut the 441 in the smaller wood.

I see that the 441 had a 25" bar, but I don't see what size the 361 had. If the 361 had a short bar, say 16", an 8 tooth sprocket, and the 441 was dogged down with the longer bar, then the 361 could easily outcut the 441 in the smaller wood.

In the same size wood? No way. The longer bar on the 441 even with a smaller sprocket will get it done quicker if chains were of equal sharp and design.

In the same size wood? No way. The longer bar on the 441 even with a smaller sprocket will get it done quicker if chains were of equal sharp and design.

If the saws are not being used in wood that requires their full potential, then the only difference will be chain speed. If you've got an 8 tooth on the 361 and a 7 tooth on the 441 to handle the long bar, then the chain speed will be higher on the 361. That speed is not likely to be dropped substantially by < 16" limbs.

If the saws are not being used in wood that requires their full potential, then the only difference will be chain speed. If you've got an 8 tooth on the 361 and a 7 tooth on the 441 to handle the long bar, then the chain speed will be higher on the 361. That speed is not likely to be dropped substantially by < 16" limbs.

That does make sense, but i can push harder on my 441 with a sharp chain and slam that thing through better than my 361. Im not arguing with ya though, your post makes sense.

Latest posts

Back