Pulled the trigger on a 361 today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my limbing saw, will this keep up with the 361?

Im confused, will it ?
attachment.php

Lol

Im confused, will it ?
attachment.php

I don't thnk so.LOL It will be a mighty fine limbing saw, you'll be able to throw that puppy around like nothing. You up to limbing some spruce with it??LOL If you let me rent it for free I'll tell you......LOLOLOLOLOLOL:greenchainsaw: :chainsaw: :cheers:

PS, nice 088 bowtie did you run it yet? Why isn't it in your sig? Do you have it?:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
if the oiler on the 441 wasnt turned up all the way on the 25" bar it would be likely to bog worse or a pinched bar rail just somthing else is wrong here and we all know then just one time into the dirt and that full chisel will be worthless

and as for the guy who said semi chisel could cause that I dont believe it I use both and I truly believe I will cut more wood with the RM chain than you will with the RS you just have to file it more and more often than the RM also does that new saw have RM2 on it or the better RMC3 most of those go out with safety chain on them

yes you do

Im selling it for a friend, I ran it, what a monster, but too big for me, I dont need it.

Yes you do, you just don't know it yet...........HA HA LOL!!!!:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

if the oiler on the 441 wasnt turned up all the way on the 25" bar it would be likely to bog worse or a pinched bar rail just somthing else is wrong here and we all know then just one time into the dirt and that full chisel will be worthless

and as for the guy who said semi chisel could cause that I dont believe it I use both and I truly believe I will cut more wood with the RM chain than you will with the RS you just have to file it more and more often than the RM also does that new saw have RM2 on it or the better RMC3 most of those go out with safety chain on them

That would be an interesting bet :cheers:

I think the bigger the wood, the better advantage the RS would have. *Less bark to dull it and more gain 'in the wood' it would be fun to race them.

*Less bark : wood/sawdust ratio, would prolong the edge corrner of the cutter.

Last edited:
That would be an interesting bet :cheers:

I think the bigger the wood, the better advantage the RS would have. *Less bark to dull it and more gain 'in the wood' it would be fun to race them.

*Less bark : wood/sawdust ratio, would prolong the edge corrner of the cutter.

yes speed wise the RS is superior in speed but has to be sharpened more often thus wearing out the chain quicker what I am really getting at is that you can cut more wood through the life of the chain with the RM and cut more between filings

:givebeer:

After a week of snow plowing there wasnt any time to log on here and see what folks had to say. I told my buddy to take his saw in and get it checked out being that everyone here thinks were nuts. Havent had too much time to cut since the day in question.

However to the guys who steered me towards the 361 thanks a ton. But i guees my eyes as well as 3 other sets of eyes didnt see what we thought we saw.....lol Next time I go cutting i guees we will have to get a hold of the NBC news crew just incase somthing out of the orda:greenchainsaw: nary happens ....lol

Thanks for constructive advise for the sake of my buddys 441 and his pride.

there may be some dud 441s out there.

the one we had was gutless.i could see a 361 out cutting it easy.i adjusted it a few times and it did no good.we sold it.i really have a lot of trouble buying all the hype of this saw.i'd like to run another one because my 357xp walked all over it.it didn't even come close to the 440,372, or the 7900.

i know a few have posted it doesn't like higher elevations but we are about 800 above sea level so that ain't the problem.all saws had the RSC chain on them.

the one we had was gutless.i could see a 361 out cutting it easy.i adjusted it a few times and it did no good.we sold it.i really have a lot of trouble buying all the hype of this saw.i'd like to run another one because my 357xp walked all over it.it didn't even come close to the 440,372, or the 7900.

i know a few have posted it doesn't like higher elevations but we are about 800 above sea level so that ain't the problem.all saws had the RSC chain on them.

There is dud of any saw out there, like any husky. Come run my 441...lol, its no dud.

Ran my well used 361, 441, and an old 036 Pro against my bosses newer 357xp today, and I have pics, all my stihls smoked that thing.

Latest posts

Back