Pulling a leaner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
leaner.jpg

Distinct lean over the rotting chicken house plus a bad lean to the left.

lashup.jpg

Chain and cable to teh snatch block, cable from PU ancor to snatch block back to come-along on tow hook.

result.jpg

On the ground. Big disappointment. I knew it was a small tree but all I got was about a dozen rounds plus had to leave 6' of the butt log. Someone back a long ways decided it would be a gread post to staple chicken wire too. Hit it 3 times trying to cut around it - expected that so was only nibbling, didn't do any serious 'rock out'. Chain was due for sharping anyhow.

Harry K

In Washington? I didn't think it was anything but trees. I'll ask me Pop he lived out there for a while.

You are thinking of the West side. Basically anything east of the river (about middle of state) is open rangeland/farm land. This area (the Palouse) was open grassland when settled, the only trees were in the few canyons and the creek bottoms...still is that way except for where people planted trees (mostly around the farmsteads)

Harry K

Latest posts

Back