putting new OEM piston kit into a 385

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtnman4ever

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I looked adroud out of curiosity knowing the 385 and 390 are the same saw but the 390 has a larger bore cylinder .
Now I just got a great deal on a nice 385 XPW the guy probably used it a few times it looks NEW he said it was to big for cutting fire wood
Y es it is . unless you are falling and have 16 +/5 ft logs or longerdroped off .
Fell free to do so if your around . Co or NH
Now I look on Bailey's andsee fro 270 orso a piston kit ofa 385 / 390 but ithas the 390 bore .
Can i just get it andhavea shi op for a few bucks drop it in andhave a 390 . or do I need more part s suchas crankshaft . ect. every thing else is the samne . I wast old I could just drop in the piston kit .I will probably buy gaskets tobe sure Iahve new one in a sense ill have a new 390 AXP . I can add other parts .

Is it true I can turn a 385 into 390 for under $ 350 ! USD!

Or is it worth it . that . small amount of power I like the 385xpw lots of power lighter than my 395 or 3120 takes big bars

I think it should work with a 390 p/c kit to make your 385 a 390 but don't know how much of a difference it will be, but if you are going to make a p/c change on the saw I would get the bigger kit :)

I looked at the kit it seems to be fo rboth saws it is from Husqvrana So I am thinking they are phasing pout the 385 and using the 390 a its replacement .
I know that the guy contract out with . He climbs I fall timber keep timber he does insane climbing got to a get a digital recode he was up in a birch wi maybe 4 50 ft and that trunk was far to thin for me he k just dropped it I cut it hes guy chipped it his groundy thinks we are both insane , Thisguy it work with on occasion uses 372s as well as other saws got one he said damn it looks just like my 575 he just bought . form a reputable dealer . I do not think there:monkey: is a choice you get the bigger bore kit . Oh Id get all the right stuff . this is just enough so I should let my

I believe the clutch is different also, but they may have updated it on the newer 385s as well as on the 390....

I believe the clutch is different also, but they may have updated it on the newer 385s as well as on the 390....

you can choose two different types of clutches to the 390 if thats what you mean.

Latest posts

Back