quality or quantity

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooseman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I just got a Husky 262xp as a replacement for a poulan pro 295....I was feeling a little bad about that, as the husky was way more saw than the PP.
I loaned the PP to my BIL's father, who straight gassed it, and got me the Husky as a replacement. I got a chance to see it today, its not bad, the plastic is faded, and it's down to 140 lbs. comp. but starts right up, and runs well.
I don't have a mid size saw, and was curiouos about them, but my BIL's nieghbour saw it before I did, and when I got to his house,the nieghbour offered me an 026 and $225 for the Husky.
The 026 is perfect.
The cylinder still has crisp cross hatching, and 170 lbs comp. There is not a mark on it. It has a 20" bar, and 3/4 of the origonal chain. He wanted a saw that could pull a bigger bar, as he is cutting good sized wood.
Was this a mistake? I already have an 024super, but this saw was just so pretty ( a saw can be pretty, right? ). Did I rip him off? Did I make a bad deal? I'm not sure, but I'm pretty happy about the new saw

I don't think you got shortchanged moneywise, but the 262xp is a pretty good saw. I prefer stihl for the most part, but I"ve owned quite a few huskies and I was pretty impressed with the 262. If the 026 is real clean you can always find a mint 262 for the selling price of the 026 + the $225. I don't know which other saws you own, but the 024 super is fairly close to an 026 peformance wise. Same stroke, but 2mm less bore.

The 026 looks like it just came out of the box. I've now got a parts to make a PP 295, an 024 super, a husky 55, an 026, and an MS460.

Eventhough you don't have a 60cc saw in your potental saw lineup it still is a pretty nice lineup.

I never got a chance to run the 262, do I really need a 60cc saw?
I know the 361 cures cancer, but I don't have cancer ( not badly, anyway). If it's too big for a 50cc saw, I use the 460. Am I missing something?

Nope you need a 60cc saw about as much as you need 3 50cc saws ;) It all comes down to personal preference....I personally like 60cc saws like the 262 and 361, but each to their own.

Back