quality or quantity

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooseman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I just got a Husky 262xp as a replacement for a poulan pro 295....I was feeling a little bad about that, as the husky was way more saw than the PP.
I loaned the PP to my BIL's father, who straight gassed it, and got me the Husky as a replacement. I got a chance to see it today, its not bad, the plastic is faded, and it's down to 140 lbs. comp. but starts right up, and runs well.
I don't have a mid size saw, and was curious about them, but my BIL's neighbor saw it before I did, and when I got to his house,the neighbor offered me an 026 and $225 for the Husky.
The 026 is perfect.
The cylinder still has crisp cross hatching, and 170 lbs comp. There is not a mark on it. It has a 20" bar, and 3/4 of the original chain. He wanted a saw that could pull a bigger bar, as he is cutting good sized wood.
Was this a mistake? I already have an 024super, but this saw was just so pretty ( a saw can be pretty, right? ). Did I rip him off? Did I make a bad deal? I'm not sure, but I'm pretty happy about the new saw.
I was thinking of trying my hand at porting the cylininder, dut it is almost too pretty to mess with.
Go Canucks!!!

If you don't need a 60cc saw, that sounds like a smokin' deal to me. The 026 is just an 024 Super with slightly larger bore(and displacement). Really clean 026s seem to hold their value really well. Performance can be improved by opening the muffler a bit and retuning the carb(assuming fully adjustable carb).

I think you did good, if you dont need a bigger saw the 026 was a good deal!
I would not port it though if it is as nice as you say, or I would find another cyl and port it and keep the orig the way it is!

After playing with it for a while, I'm kinda leaning toward leaving it stock...I will open up the muff though.

I came in to vote for sex

I thought someone was taking a poll as to we would rather have quality sex. Or large quantities of sex.
when I was 30- I wanted quantity.. Now at 43 I'll take any sex.

port it, drill it, lose the head gasket and tune it. assuming you can do it correctly.. light saws that kick a$$ are awsome..:chainsaw:

I thought someone was taking a poll as to we would rather have quality sex. Or large quantities of sex.
when I was 30- I wanted quantity.. Now at 43 I'll take any sex.
:agree2:The 262XP is a super saw,it will out cut an 026 by a mile.If you don't need it than you made a good deal.A ported 026 is nice and with just a muffler mod works well,over 2 lbs. lighter than 262XP.Make sure if you mod anything to make sure your carb is fully adjustable.:chainsaw::givebeer:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
Oh yeah,where are the pics.Heres a mild ported one I sold awhile back.
attachment.php
Sorry but I love posting pics.:chainsaw::givebeer:

Back