Quality Time With My Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyboy553

Oakaholic
Reaction score
After my plan for being in the woods over the weekend were rained /Fathers Dayed out, and the basement I was to dig today wasn't ready, I finally was able to get some splitting done. The pics I am going to attach really don't show how big the pile is. hard to guess how much wood is there. The pic from above was taken from on top of the bobcat when I was ready to leave.
I included a couple pics of my splitter. This is my old splitter, which pretty much stays in the woods with the bobcat because it doesn't have a hydraulic lift. Well, I guess in that sense it does have a lift!:msp_smile:
The work table on this splitter really comes in handy, as the splits do not fall to the ground. The table moves with the ram. Eventually, the table that is opposite of the operator area will be made in to a lift as well. It will still move with the ram as it does now. I sure hope I didn't double up on the pics! Hate when that happens!

Ted
View attachment 187859View attachment 187863View attachment 187864View attachment 187865

I like that table that moves. I may have to borrow that ideal! Thanks! :clap:

I like the diesel powered moving table as well !

187859d1308618075-day-woods-002-jpg

Nice pile of wood. After the rain we got last night and the wind, you may want the head out there and see if it's still there....:D

Yeah, no kidding! There may be more trees down out there too! Seems every good wind blows one or twenty down out there!

I like that table that moves. I may have to borrow that ideal! Thanks! :clap:

It IS real handy. A couple things I would do different would be to make the operators side of the table a little narrower, OR move the valve closer to the operators side. I get a back ache leaning over the table to reach the valve. And, the side opposite the operator, should be a hydraulic lift and still move with the cylinder. I intend to do that to this one if it ever gets back in the yard!
Ted

Latest posts

Back