question about back cuts (Moved from homeowner forum)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What ever you wanabe fallers. I learned a lot tricks from my old man that you keyboard fallers will never understand:bang: If you were even real fallers you would know what I am talking about. Got to utube and find out how to use a sloping cut to place a tree,real fallers use them a lot.Softer species of merch timber need more care to prevent fracturing. I wonder why my old mans cousin thinks this site is joke oh I know all the arm chair loggers on here:hmm3grin2orange:

What ever you wanabe fallers. I learned a lot tricks from my old man that you keyboard fallers will never understand:bang: If you were even real fallers you would know what I am talking about. Got to utube and find out how to use a sloping cut to place a tree,real fallers use them a lot.Softer species of merch timber need more care to prevent fracturing. I wonder why my old mans cousin thinks this site is joke oh I know all the arm chair loggers on here:hmm3grin2orange:

Well, seems like BC Fallers material doesn't think to highly of the slopping backcut.
Neither does Dent. And neither do quite a few others with a good deal of time behind them. That seems to speak volumes against the slopping backcut (aside from the geometry and physics contraindications of it being workable or safe).

Last edited:
Hey!

Dammit guys, if I told you once I told you a hundred times...it's not SLOPING back cut, it's SLOPPING back cut. Paccity is the only one who keeps getting it right.

Shape up.

My old man said 3" on softer woods over 26" DBH, 2" on wood under 26" DBH. Hardwoods aint well seen in my neck of the forest. If she be spongey sloping cut and wedge the witch over.

Wasn't your old man your boss on that maple clearing job? You remember...the one where you guys stole the wood from the landowner and sold it instead of burning it?

Never work a day under my old man. I am desk jockey most days. Only recently got into timber falling,money is getting tighter nowa days.

Just started falling timber but an experienced expert:bang:

Found this one under angled back cuts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9XDHJxq8JqI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Found this one under sloping/slopping back cut very heavy instruction
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TCJnJLwNpEo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Really expected much more to choose from with this popular technic

Last edited:

superfire - tried to find anything on utube (assume you meant youtube.com) about that special cut and when and how it is used. Wasn't able to come up with anything that looked like it made sense (to me). Maybe I'm not searching for the right terms.
Looked under merch timber also. Nothing.

Do you have any links for this stuff ?

Never work a day under my old man. I am desk jockey most days. Only recently got into timber falling,money is getting tighter nowa days.

I think you ought to stick with that desk jockey thing. It would be much better for you...and for others. Maybe you could show us a video of your favorite stapler. Just be sure to get it back down to your little office in the basement.

I think you ought to stick with that desk jockey thing. It would be much better for you...and for others. Maybe you could show us a video of your favorite stapler. Just be sure to get it back down to your little office in the basement.

And this is coming from a arm chair logger LMAO
I know what it takes to drop merch timber. If you are such a expert put up some real video sometime and prove yourself or welter off.

And this is coming from a arm chair logger LMAO
I know what it takes to drop merch timber. If you are such a expert put up some real video sometime and prove yourself or welter off.

Notice there isn't anyone else in this thread that talks like you do? And the ones that did are gone. There isn't a dam man or woman on this website that has anything to prove to you, and as soon as you learn to sit back and learn your place your gonna be a hell of a lot better off. Thanks for the good laugh before I head off though.

superfire - tried to find anything on utube (assume you meant youtube.com) about that special cut and when and how it is used. Wasn't able to come up with anything that looked like it made sense (to me). Maybe I'm not searching for the right terms.
Looked under merch timber also. Nothing.

Do you have any links for this stuff ?

Could this be what he was talking about?

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e8yT9uzIvHY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e8yT9uzIvHY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Oh, Scotty's back...

Voi vittu, olisit voinut pysytellä kolossasi.

Back