Question about Woods Porting?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe after all the discussion he has finally decided 90 bucks would be better left in his pocket than to have the super secret recipe" 90 DOLLAR PORT JOB"

i want to see it too. i'm not trying to put the guy down or the shop that did it, i'm just interested in seeing just how much a$$ 90 bucks will get ya. maybe we'll all be surprised?

Then go pay them to do it and you'll be able to see and feel the results.

I'll play along for the good of the debate. So that we have some hard evidence of the work D and D does, I will be willing to send my saw to you or anyone else with equal modding skills. You can test it, inspect it, and report back. If you think you can improve the woods port they did, do it and retest it. That will pretty much end this discussion dont you think? Oh and I'll need my saw back before October.

you are fast losing cred in this thread.

Last time I had them port a saw they spent 3 hours on it and my bill was 120 bucks. I know they did the intake and exaust, advanced timing, muff mod and tested adjusted the carb. I cant promise that they did anything to the transfers.

I can bring it to the next gtg if you want to tear it apart and investigate. I thought the bill was going to be over 200 for the work they did but it was 120.

There ya go, he said someone could tear it apart if they want to, so bring some tools to the GTG guys and a camera.

i don't remember you responding about this GTG. can you make it?

Maybe.

The thing is I never had a problem with anyone's statements but to assume something is not done right because it is cheap is pretty rediculous. I just honestly dont care about this thread anymore or what you think about me. I offered a the original poster an option, thats all.

Maybe.

The thing is I never had a problem with anyone's statements but to assume something is not done right because it is cheap is pretty rediculous. I just honestly dont care about this thread anymore or what you think about me. I offered a the original poster an option, thats all.

You continue to ignore the statements that have been made concerning not the quality of the work but the quantity. Many here have simply said that in three hours only so much can be done. Again I'm sure that D&D will do a great job on anything they do, after all they have been in business for many years. Surely you can understand what I'm saying.

You continue to ignore the statements that have been made concerning not the quality of the work but the quantity. Many here have simply said that in three hours only so much can be done. Again I'm sure that D&D will do a great job on anything they do, after all they have been in business for many years. Surely you can understand what I'm saying.

Work they did looks good, saw runs good. Did they take it as far as some? No. Am I going to look to make it faster? Yeah. There you have it. D and D did a good, mild, 3 hour woods port. End of story.

I believe you fellers have gotten the best of ol pwoller or whatever his name is. AND RIGHTFULLY SO. From what I have researched a good port job is $250-$300. So, if you all want, just let ol pwoller limp off this thread. He's had the lick fellers. :)

Last edited:
I believe you fellers have gotten the best of ol pwoller or whatever his name is. AND RIGHTFULLY SO. From what I have researched a good port job is $250-$300. So, if you all want, just let ol pwoller limp off this thread. He's had the lick fellers. :)

Its annoying more then anything, nothing like getting jumped for trying to give some helpful advise. At this point I'm reconsidering letting anyone on this forum touch the saw no matter how it runs or what it looks like it wont be good enough. So Hillbilly and all you other haters.....piss off.:chainsaw:

Their work looks to be very different to saw work. Motorcycle engines I would tend to think would'nt need the extensive amount of port work needed in a chainsaw. Matching of cyl to base, muffler mod, lower transfers, etc.

Motorcycles engines??? You must not have looked through the pics very much....Jet Skis and Snowmobiles.... A 2 stroke is a two stroke, those motors have more ports, triple exhaust ports boost ports, extra transfers. Take a look at their pics and then come back and tell me a Chainsaw is more extensive work, especially what these thread was about... A woods Port. No boost ports no triple exhaust ports. I would think a chainsaw is on the easier side of the spectrum.

Here is some pics found on their site.

tn_480_0008_JPG.jpg

tn_480_DCP_0489_JPG.jpg

tn_480_0004_JPG.jpg

Last edited:
Why is thread still going on? Pwoller, you have the evidence to end this discussion. You know what you've got, but you're acting like you don't. It is what it is. I appreciate you not wanting to smear someones name on the board, but please don't act like we're all wrong in our original assumptions, when you know otherwise.

Why is thread still going on? Pwoller, you have the evidence to end this discussion. You know what you've got, but you're acting like you don't. It is what it is. I appreciate you not wanting to smear someones name on the board, but please don't act like we're all wrong in our original assumptions, when you know otherwise.

Even if it is a strong running saw that they ported, and I put pictures up of the work it will be criticized for not being enough. To me that doesnt seem fair to them.

Even if it is a strong running saw that they ported, and I put pictures up of the work it will be criticized for not being enough. To me that doesnt seem fair to them.

I'm not necessarily asking that you post pictures of their work. Like I said, I appreciate you not trying to come on here and smear their name. But you and I both know the saw is virtually unmodded. At this point in this discussion, I think some facts are in order. The intake is untouched. I couldn't tell for sure, but the exhaust didn't look widened at all either. It looked like, perhaps, they raised the exhaust. That would be a bad move on a saw that is already compression challenged. Again, I'm not sure they touched the exhaust at all. The transfers were untouched as well. The only thing I could confirm was that they sharpened the transfer divider. It is not at all what I would call a ported saw. Therefore, our original assertations that you can't get a woods port for $90, is correct.

Last edited:
Back