Question about Woods Porting?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is a woods port? Maybe it would help all of those following this thread to define it.

A number of us on here do port jobs, not too many actually post builds. I post every one I do, search through the threads I started and you can see what I do for my typical port job. Brad has posted many builds, as well.

Alright guys I have some questions for you. Is a squish of .020 inches too narrow? Are any gains made by smoothing the edges in the crank area where the 2 sides meet?

Perfect. Now on the intake there are 2 lines on the top and bottom of the intake. Are they there for a reson or are they casting flaws?

Alright thanks for all the info so far. On the intake is it good to widen it on the carb side to match the piston side? Or do you go further?

So just knock off the casting flaws and move on to the exaust port?

Yes, but are you going to widen the intake? You widen at the bore, then blend it out.

I'll give ya another tip. You may want to start another thread on your 390 since this thread is kinda dead. You'll get more help that was as well.

Back