Question. Pferd 2 in 1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennish

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
By mistake I sharpened my .325 chain with the 13/64. The saw cut great. I know that .325 calls for 3/16. Any thoughts or comments. I think that I probably should keep using the 13/64 on that chain. Also, from what I read, Stihl 3/8 chain calls for 7/32 whereas other 3/8 chains call for the 13/64. Do I have that right?

Stihl calls for 13/64, Oregon and most others are 7/32 for 3/8 chain.
What you have to be careful with is not so much the file size but the spacing of the bars on the 2n1. They have to ride correctly on the top plates. I would stick with the one for .325 chain.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I'm new to these "2-in-1" type sharpeners...but are the Pferd and Stihl 2-in-1 sharpeners designed exactly the same?

I've been looking into the Stihl manual sharpener, but it's actually been hard to find a Stihl part number for a 3/8" pitch /0.050" gauge model. If you try eBay, for example, you'll find a bunch of .325" or 3/8P type models for sale, but finding a regular 3/8" model has been a challenge. I even went to the Stihl website and found five different models listed, but no part numbers. I'm simply trying to find the correct part number to avoid wasting any time.

Thank you for your time...

I'm new to these "2-in-1" type sharpeners...but are the Pferd and Stihl 2-in-1 sharpeners designed exactly the same?

I've been looking into the Stihl manual sharpener, but it's actually been hard to find a Stihl part number for a 3/8" pitch /0.050" gauge model. If you try eBay, for example, you'll find a bunch of .325" or 3/8P type models for sale, but finding a regular 3/8" model has been a challenge. I even went to the Stihl website and found five different models listed, but no part numbers. I'm simply trying to find the correct part number to avoid wasting any time.

Thank you for your time...
They look a bit different, but both work the same. Personally I think they suck. For a guy that can't master filing free hand the Oregon roller guides work better.

They are different colors but are the exact same thing. There are lots of fakes sold online. I like the 2 in 1 because it produces a good cutting chain in just a few minutes. Granted, if a person is a good handfiler, they can produce a better cutting chain if they want to take the time to do it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back