Question regarding selling Firewood...?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valleyboy

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I have a buddy whose father is recovering from hip surgery. He burns wood for heat and lives outside of Tucson, AZ (20+ miles) and my bud was wondering if I would sell his father whatever I wanted to of my 4 cords of Mesquite and Eucalyptus firewood, which is split and dry. I don't have a wood stove- all of my wood is for my family's outdoor fire pits that are used pretty heavily during the Fall, Winter, and Spring seasons

My question(s) are how much should I charge? If I have to deliver how much should I include for the cost of Gas? (Curious to see how much you folks view mileage) To give you an idea of the prices of firewood... Mesquite is going for anywhere from $325-$350/Cord here in Tucson!! :cry: Eucalyptus and Pecan are more expensive!:dizzy:

I own a '02 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner double cab with a small (approx. 1/4 Cord) bed. No rack on my truck. I priced a 1/4 cord of mesquite to range from $75-$95!!

Unsure if delivery is needed- His dad would either pick it up from my work, I'd just load, OR I would drive it to his home and unload. Any ideas what a FAIR price would be? Thanks for your suggestions ahead of time and have a good one!!

Regards,
valleyboy

I always said I'd never sell wood

When I was younger I used to cut wood and supply some of the older people around town. I always gave it away as I figured I could never get what it was worth in effort. Now the older folks are mostly gone.

I'm older and slowing down, after cutting wood for my mother's and my house, I have no qualms with asking for the going price. I refuse to deliver as I've handled the wood enough by the time its on my stack.

That much wood delivered wouldn't make much sense after the mileage is tacked on.

Latest posts

Back