Racing 2T or Ultra

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmcman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My local Autozone has a decent supply of Racing 2T....well did about an hour ago :) , and I have been using the little orange Stihl bottles for a few years but dollar for dollar the 2T is way cheaper.....yeah, I know :welcome: .

Not sure how long they will carry it and my growing supply of 2-smokes sure justifies the storage, should I use this at 50:1 or 40:1? I generally mix 50:1 and have read many posts about this debate and don't mind mixing 40:1 if I don't get added deposits...or does this synthetic stuff just burn that clean?

I may stock back up next week when they said they will get more Racing 2T in or is Ultra just as good?

Thanks.

The mobil and Ultra are both good oils but I use the Ultra at 40:1. It burns clean and after seeing the inside of some high hour saws run on Ultra, I was sold.

The cars and quads get mobil 1 though:cheers:

Both burn clean in my saws. 2T even a little less smell, Ultra has a stabilizer. So I use Ultra in the saws I don't run regularly. When I run out of my stockof 2T I will probably just run Ultra.

Last edited:
Does Ultra have a limited shelf life? The "biodegradable" makes me nervous.

My local Autozone has a decent supply of Racing 2T....well did about an hour ago :) , and I have been using the little orange Stihl bottles for a few years but dollar for dollar the 2T is way cheaper.....yeah, I know :welcome: .

Not sure how long they will carry it and my growing supply of 2-smokes sure justifies the storage, should I use this at 50:1 or 40:1? I generally mix 50:1 and have read many posts about this debate and don't mind mixing 40:1 if I don't get added deposits...or does this synthetic stuff just burn that clean?

I may stock back up next week when they said they will get more Racing 2T in or is Ultra just as good?

Thanks.

My plan is to burn through my stockpile of 2T, then start using Ultra, unless I find another good synthetic that is cheaper.

Mark

What's the going rate of 2T? Just wanna make sure i'm not paying too much. I got mine at about $7/qt...lemme know if this is fair.

Latest posts

Back