Rakers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenskip1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Here in my little hamlet of Texas we have one major small engine repair. He is a pleasant enough but when it comes to sharpening chains he has the common sense of A loaf of bread.This picture is some of his work.How could any man survive doing things like this to a chain? And yes he does charge big $$ Ken

asset.php

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=166352&d=1293764863&thumb=1&stc=1

attachment.php

Last edited:
What a butcher? Did he use a 9" Milwaukee grinder or a pedestal grinder to 'touch up' those rakers? I hope he threw in a new chain for you.

are you pulling my leg? I would not let this man within a mile of my equipment. I am doing a carburetor kit for a MS210 and this is the chain that was on the bar. I think this person has lost a customer and brought his saw to me.As far as I am concerned, this chain is toast. I have my Jolly grinder all set.

he has the common sense of A loaf of bread.

Thats rather mean on behalf of the loaf of bread in my opinion! lol..holy H christ! haha. i cut mine down too but ####...i dont REMOVE THEM! lol and like the other poster said, "Bet that cuts nice!" lol Yah...prolly makes spaghetti noodles outta woood chips! lol i'd buy some good files and start doin em yourself! lol

One extreme to another!!!!

Just yesterday, there was a post from a newbie that got ripped off by a shop, that didn't touch rakers for liability reasons, and the poor guy was shooting powder on a fresh ground chain.

LOL!!!!
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I can't see what the problem is? An alky 3120 should have no problem pulling that chain in Balsa wood?

RAKERS Here in my little hamlet of Texas we have one major small engine repair. He is a pleasant enough but when it comes to sharpening chains he has the common sense of A loaf of bread.This picture is some of his work.How could any man survive doing things like this to a chain? And yes he does charge big $$ Ken

RAKERS?????? What Rakers????????:poke:

Latest posts

Back