Rakes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the lowly rake

Along with a leaf blower and broom, the rake is the tool that puts the finishing touches on a job. So a quality rake is indispensible in leaving a clean lasting impression when we leave the job site. The attached photo is a rake I've been impressed with after years of breaking poly rakes with cheap handles. This poly rake is over 6ft tall with 25 extra stiff times. Long, light and strong. And if it breaks, I trade it in for a new one. One drawback: The hollow metal handle will break easily once it's crimped. A solid hardwood handle would be a better alternative. I replaced the handle on a broken one with a 5-foot piece of 1/2" galvenized pipe. A bit heavy, but the crew uses the heck out of it. For real heavy debris--sawdust mixed with bark and sticks--a garden rake is our tool of choice.

They thought of everything - including pre-raking stretches and exercises recommended by an orthopedic surgeon....:laugh:

xtm

Latest posts

Back