Ran a 361 and new 362 side by side

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beaver eager

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Today my neighbor came home with a nice new MS362 so since I have the MS361 we decided to run them together to see any differences. His is new and not broken in yet and mine (361) has about 20 cords to it's name. We tried them through fresh cut red oak about 15" in diameter and power seems to be the same at this point until he gets broken in. His has a slightly deeper sound but both saws seemed equally smooth. His has a slight burble at the top end but this will probably smooth out in no time. Now I have seen MANY posts where a guy LOVES his 361 and HATES the 362 and usually because of the weight difference. I for one could not tell the difference when I was handed each saw with my eyes closed and they were both fueled and oiled up. So in my opinion the 362 is just as great as the 361 has been known to be. Time will tell for it's longevity but it may end up right there with the 361. I'm no expert and I cut only to feed my wood stove and clear out at my archery club and most wood I cut is under 20" so I don't need a bigger saw and feel the 60cc class will fit most peoples needs quite well. So thumbs up for me. :)

Latest posts

Back