Ran a 70E today..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AOD

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Seeing as I have seen a bunch of new Jred threads today, I figured I should have one of my own.

Went out cutting with my usual compliment of mischef makers and one of my buddys had brought along a nice, slightly-used 70E with a 24" bar to try out. He made a few cuts in some good sized maple and then he gave it to me for a few cuts. The sound this saw makes when idling is unmistakable, it sounds so cool! Went after my first victim, a nice ash log. Laid the bar into it, hit the gas and WOW! That thing really cuts nice! Now, this is not a super high RPM saw like a 361 or 372, but it has a huge wide powerband and really throws the chips when you sink the dogs in and lean on her. Even in hard, dry pin oak the chips just kept flying!

It reminded me of a big Homelite, the power band was a lot like my SXL, maybe not qute as much bottom end but still pulls good when you lean on it. It has better balance, ergonomics and isn't quite as loud as a Homelite though. It's always neat to try out a different older saw, esp. one you don't really see everyday. Next up I want to try out a BIG old Mac in some big wood.

Latest posts

Back