"RAT-ROD" SAW ... does it exist?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Mac CP70?? I picked one of those up last month! Now that's a good project to be had. That ol spruce never stood a chance!! How hard was it to swap?

just a strait parts swap, no modification needed, disassembled the cp70 and re assembled in reverse order on the pm850 engine block.

attachment.php

Could not make it work:confused:
Thought it was a good idea at the time.

I that...lamp cord? :rock:
j

This one is ratty and though not a hot rod it sure cuts well. I was always gonna dress it up but it just goes so darn well. The redneck repairs are strong and who needs a silly on/off switch when the choke does the same thing? I do have a sound air filter cover I use when actually cutting - one of the old red ones which makes it look even worse.:laugh:

DSC00421_zpsf7519dc3.jpg

DSC00422_zps77d575ec.jpg

DSC00424_zpsdf37e366.jpg

DSC00425_zps18401b5a.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up a mall model 10 two man saw today that fits the rat rod saw bill but I don't know how to post pics

This one is ratty and though not a hot rod it sure cuts well. I was always gonna dress it up but it just goes so darn well. The redneck repairs are strong and who needs a silly on/off switch when the choke does the same thing? I do have a sound air filter cover I use when actually cutting - one of the old red ones which makes it look even worse.:laugh:

DSC00421_zpsf7519dc3.jpg

DSC00422_zps77d575ec.jpg

DSC00424_zpsdf37e366.jpg

DSC00425_zps18401b5a.jpg

Now that is one awesome machine!!

If your gonna have a big Mac its gotta have big nuts

twin125b-1.jpg

101saw6.jpg

McBob

Well that one may just take the cake. I don't know if you have to be an Engineer, Red Neck or MacGyver's long lost brother, but nice job! I suppose the same philosophy as Rotax twin but with a lot more custom modifications to make it work!! Those look like SP 80, no .... 1-72? I'm sure syncing the timing on such a rat rod saw would be an interesting task. you would definitely hear that running and wonder WT heck is that!! LOL

Last edited:
So as the talons of Old Man Winter set in up here in the Great White North, one tends to keep himself busy in the shop. :dizzy:

I thought I would put it out there to see if any AS Members had put together the ultimate "Rat Rod" Chainsaw.

I'm talking something created from spare parts, welded and fabricated, grinder down, brand name or not, redneck, hi-tech, low-tech, no pretty paint jobs, MacGyver rigs, blown, nitro methane, low compression runners, flame shooters, ghetto, flat black, no holds barred, camo, or just plane down and dirty.

Pictures or no pictures, whatever works or works together to create this Bad Ass no holds barred WOOD CUTTING MACHINE!!

Cheers to all!!

:rock:

Hmm,

attachment.php

Which one???????

That saw would be easy to lose in the woods!

Nice.

That what I'm saying! I love that all of the cool "tactical" camping/outdoor gear is camo, which is the most counterproductive idea going. Set down your gear, go find a good spot for a deuce , never find it again! I think its a scheme to make you have to buy everything twice when you lose it.

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: .... Awesome! V-Stacks and nitrous?? You all put Paul Bunyan to shame :clap: ... although you may need to be training with Paul to lift some of those.

Well that one may just take the cake. I don't know if you have to be an Engineer, Red Neck or MacGyver's long lost brother, but nice job! I suppose the same philosophy as Rotax twin but with a lot more custom modifications to make it work!! Those look like SP 80, no .... 1-72? I'm sure syncing the timing on such a rat rod saw would be an interesting task. you would definitely hear that running and wonder WT heck is that!! LOL

A pair of SP125c's .................... 246cc

Latest posts

Back