Rayco splitter???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

endmill

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Did Rayco discontinue making there splitter? Can't find it on their website.

Paul Bunyun

They where selling them at the Paul Bunyun show last fall in Ohio.

I have Rayco catalogs going back to 2007. I do not see any listing for a log splitter, in any of those catalogs. I wonder when they last offered them??
Jeff

I just called Rayco. They do not manufacture log splitters any more. Wonder if they were selling poorly with the economy.

I understand their machine was priced pretty high, and there are a lot of nice splitters on the market now, at lower prices.
Also, Rayco has cut way back on their product lines. The have kind of retrenched, and dropped maybe half of the products they offered just two years ago.They have dumped all their crawlers, dumped the big crawler stump grinder, and only offer one forestry mulcher now. That is a big cutback. I think the economy is hurting them in a big way.
Jeff

We run a few rayco grinders at my work and I was just at their headquarters a few weeks ago. They had a ton of machines of all makes in for service/repair. They really know what there are doing in the service division. They also had a bunch of new equipment finished or in the production line. So I think they are doing fine financially.

While there is definitely room for improvement in the product, the customer service is top notch. They fix our machines right away if it something that we can't do in-house, they deliver teeth to our shop or will meet us on the job site. They offer demo/rental units if needed too. I can't say one bad thing about the workers there. Now I would make some changes to there grinders and chippers, but overall, they are pretty damn tough.

Latest posts

Back