rayco superteeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treebloke

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i posted this up in another part of the forum but have had no replies so thought i would have a go here getting desperate. anyway has anybody tried the teeth from DEMOTT TOOLS i think they put on a complete new end rather than just the carbide tip any info will help
cheers russ

Yes, when I had my Rayco machine, I used Demott for all my Superteeth. Sent them boxes of old ones, and they sent back rebuilt ones. Very good quality, very good pricing, and pretty quick service.
I talked to the owner several times by phone, and he seemed to be a really nice guy, with good knowledge of what it takes to rebuild those teeth.
I highly recommend them.
Jeff

Cheers Jeff. Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me exactly what they do? Do they chop the end off and re-weld on a complete new end? I do intend to contact them but wanted to know what I was talking about first before I did.

They cut off the whole big extended section that the carbide tip is attached to. For instance, on a tooth that has an angeled section with the carbide tip sitting on it. Well, they cut off the whole angled section, then weld on a new piece that has the new carbide attached to it. So, they actually cut off like 1/4 of the old tooth I would estimate. Hope that makes sense, as it is hard to describe. While the new tooth has welds that may not look as pretty as the old original, they work perfectly with no problems.
Jeff

Hey Tree bloke
I looked into this few years back and the postage did not make it viable.Even though the Aust $ has gone up the Rayco Teeth are still $24 each....(Adelaide)

Back