Ready to pull the trigger on Echo CS-590

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I been watching the bobe8888 videos on youtube. Will this carb tool kit on Amazon work for the carb on my Echo? I am trying to learn towingace. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Cycle-Carbure...4339&sr=8-1&keywords=echo+carb+adjusting+tool
Glad to here it. There are a lot of threads & posts on here explaining the tuning process. Some are easier to comprehend than others. Unfortunately, I don't remember the best ones, but if you do some searching you will find plenty of reading on the topic.

Jughead answered your question there on the tool, plain old straight slot screwdriver.

Success! I got the limiter caps off and ground off the tabs and put them back on. Now if it wasn't storming out this evening I would have tried to get the carb adjusted. When you adjust the settings are you turning the cap and it turns the screw in there? Or do you have to get your screwdriver to the metal slot to turn?

I am like a kid waiting for Christmas. My local dealer I bought my Toro mower from is also an Echo and Husky dealer. I saw they had a big sale in the spring last year and about a month ago they posted that the manufacture days are back this weekend and would be the big sale of the year. I am pretty much set on wanting to get an Echo CS-590 to compliment my Stihl MS 180. I don't know know what price they are going to have it at, but I am hoping around $375 or so and maybe an extra chain. When I went in and look at one a couple of months ago they had it at $385. Only three more days because I took off Friday to hit up the sale on the first day. Only negative is forecast is calling for rain so I can't go out and use it when I get home if I do get it. :D
Are you looking to keep the warranty on it? Or make it run good and strong?

i've been threatning to pull the muffler and caps of mine and do a little tune up since the 450P came out so well.

my 590 runs so good though , it is just difficult to work on something that ain't broke --and i got several stihl and husky projects to play with--lol

i saw a 620P on flea bay go for three bills --and i not been obama broke i would have made a few bids on that one myself!!

Success! I got the limiter caps off and ground off the tabs and put them back on. Now if it wasn't storming out this evening I would have tried to get the carb adjusted. When you adjust the settings are you turning the cap and it turns the screw in there? Or do you have to get your screwdriver to the metal slot to turn?

Make sure that when you turn the caps that the needle is also moving. Likely is but I have seen caps spin around on the needle. Just put your screwdriver in the cap slot and adjust counterclockwise. Again be sure needle and cap are moving a one piece.

Back