Really COOL old Stihl on E-bay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, if it really is a "S", it is highly desireble - what makes you think it is not??? :confused:

The 12hp is the old kind of SAE hp anyway, not compareble to todays hp numbers at all - but more like 8 of those.....

Last edited:
Look at the pictures of the two models I posted a link to then look at his pictures.

Also, they might not list his saw on the site the links are to.

It think the writing indicate that it is a contra lightening s, even though they are pretty worn. The one being sold does have a different handle bar set up than the one at acres site, though.

if it's really a contra S, then it's a very collectable saw. The Contra S was the first saw with a standard AV handlebar system, so I am pretty convinced indeed it's the super 137 cc contra....:bowdown:

You need to be careful with this seller, as he's made some pretty wild claims in the past- like the MS-460 saws he was selling that he claimed to have had the connecting rods cryogenically frozen for extra strength. I e-mailed him asking how he got the connecting rods off of the Stihl two-piece 460 crankshaft (which takes many, many tons of pressure to pull apart). I never got an answer and he put me right on his banned bidders list. That tells me something.

Latest posts

Back