Really not a bad idea.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakers

Owner - Arbor Jake's Tree Service, LLC
Reaction score
I saw this on you tube and had to share it. its really not a bad idea. i bet its probably just as safe or safer than the old buzz saws and easier as a one man opperation. if i had long straight wood id give some serious thought into building one but around here the trees are so crooked im lucky if my blocks are even one straight 20" piece

[video=youtube;gkqTxui7wm0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkqTxui7wm0&feature=related[/video]

I wouldnt consider it unless it had at least a 1/8" thick steel scatter guard that ran the length of the bar and ran down around the nose...

However, good concept...

But he desparately needs more saw for that operation to be more time efficient.

A Husky 350 with a 16" bar and some sharp chain, or an Echo CS530, or..Stihl MS260...would be much more suited to faster cuts...

LOL, why not just use a dewalt miter saw??? My dewalt will smoke that thing and make less noise doing it. I honestly have wondered why some people own chainsaws ....... when you look at the small wood they cut, as it would be eaiser and sometimes faster to just use 18v Dewalt sawsall and a miter saw, LOL.

Where do you find that much little wood? LOL.

Sam

Latest posts

Back