Recommend me a new bench vise

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work, Brad! That cleaned up very well!

I think it looks great as-is, but I'd hit it with some boiled linseed oil or something similar to keep the rust at bay.

Scott
I agree. That baby looks like it was babied in the first place. Nice score. Did you use a wheel or a drill to brush it?

I just finished restoring another Wilton bullet vise. My brothers FIL was a machinist and retired from GM several years ago. When he left he was allowed to take his bench vise with him. He gave that vise to my brother a couple months ago. It was old and nasty looking. Here it is after restoration. It's nice and tight.

20170914_075239.jpg

Looked into it some. Yost was founded in 1908 in the town of Meadville, Pennsylvania. After several decades of manufacturing vises and other products, moved to Muskegon, MI and not too long after that, moved to their final location: Holland, MI.

Dont know how long several decades is to them, WAG 20-60 years. Anyhow makes the one I have old. It's a work horse to me and will continue so.

Latest posts

Back