Red line 2 stroke snow mobile oil.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacklefty

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi, I stumbled across a whole un opened gallon of the red line 2 stroke snowmobile oil sitting on a shelf at work. I quickly skimmed the back of it and did not see anything that says it can or can't be used in a chain saw and was wondering if I can use it and is it good?.

Thanks,

I have been using up 2 gallons that fell in to my lap a few years ago. I mix 32/1 and mostly low rpm vintage stuff. Has to be better than 30wt. My red line stuff said semi synthetic. It said it was approved to work in all major brands of snow mobiles. Works great I have about 1 cup left of 2 gallons.

If you're worried about it, email or call red line oil. Great people to deal with.

RedLine makes a great oil, especially for racing applications. The issue with some ester based oils is the fact they can be hygroscopic, which can lead to corrosion, but this is rare in chainsaw applications. If you want to use it, it's not going to blowup your saw or anything like that.

As long as it's for "air cooled two stroke engines", I wouldn't worry one second.

Been using redline for years in all of my 2 strokes without issue. The snowmobile oil is engineered to flow at low temps in injection situations. Will work great in your saw! I have burned up at least a gallon of the snowmobile oil in my saw, weed whacker, and blower. If you run a modified hot saw I would use their racing 2 stroke product.

Latest posts

Back