Red Maple Removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JTinaTree

JTinaTree

ArboristSite Operative
Here is a 60ft red maple I took down last weekend, I did not have the best camera man on hand so the pictures are limited.I worked on the front leader first while tied into the second. I had to rig down 70% of this baby because electrical service for both houses was on either side of the tree ,also had a fence and little wall down there too.

rbtree

rbtree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good work in close quarters. Interesting use of a ratchet strap. Did you want to limit movement between the two stems? Or feel that one tree needed stabilizing?

tribalwind

tribalwind

ArboristSite Member
very cool' :)

for those with problems viewing large pictures sizes.

mozilla firefox browser will automatically fit them to screen size ,
still takes as long to load of course.
using internet-explorer today is kinda like still using an old 2-man saw in some respects :D without the fun factor

JTinaTree

JTinaTree

ArboristSite Operative
rbtree said:
Good work in close quarters. Interesting use of a ratchet strap. Did you want to limit movement between the two stems? Or feel that one tree needed stabilizing?

Not seen in the pictures, I had to drop some pretty good size tops down on the block. We had to swing them away from the roof and power lines. With this in mind I knew there was going to be some shock loading. I did not want to take any chances so I took my 2in ratchet strap and cinched the two stems together. Just a back up saftey to give me some piece of mind while I am working.

Latest posts