Red Pine Logs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawyer Rob

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
The weather was very nice today, so i figured i better go skid and collect some red pine logs my neighbor gave me a few weeks ago. They are in a power line right away, and as you can see, they were all jammed together...

standard.jpg

I used an older MFWD tractor i have, to do the skidding, because of all the small tree stubs in the right away... I just couldn't chance having one of those stubs going through a radial tire on my loader tractor!

standard.jpg

I only took the bigger logs, and skidded them to the side of the road. Another neighbor will cut up the rest of the logs for his outdoor wood stove...

standard.jpg

Once all the logs i wanted were at the road side, i went home, got my loader tractor and went back with my log hauling running gear... The loader made short work of getting all of the logs loaded...

standard.jpg

Here's all of the logs on the running gear, i will get quite a few 2x6's out of these logs, even though they aren't "giants". That's because a bandmill only has a 3/16" kerf, so there's not much of the cut going to sawdust, and saw dust is really nothing more than waste...

standard.jpg

Here's the load, ready to head up the road to the mill site, not bad for FREE logs...

standard.jpg

That's it for this time!

Rob

Yeah Rob, my neighbor just did the same for me. He knows I have a mill and the powerline right-of-way is right between his and my property line. The power company cut down some nice oak trees, and instead of cutting them up for firewood like he normally does, he was nice enough to give them to me to mill. So when I am done with them, I am going to haul some nice lumber over to him.

Nice pics! I like the grapple on the fel. I have similar forks on my 1710 and I think I will add a grapple as well.

Back