Red Power!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8433jeff

Aftermarket connoisseur
Reaction score
I found this, and who better than me to start this thread?;)

[video=youtube;xQLfx1N9FqE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQLfx1N9FqE[/video]

[video=youtube;Ni-XcJIJZsU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni-XcJIJZsU[/video]

Like polish it up for the dance?

Last edited:
Thanks for the vid, Jeff.

I remember the day my uncle traded his 560 in on a new to him 1206 - thought he had made the big time back then, cab and duals.

Thirty some years later, I'm still wanting a cab tractor - but I know better than to want one of those noisy rattling POS year-a-rounds that seemed like the best thing since sliced bread way back when.

Yea those old cabs were noisy but they sure beat sittng out in the rain and cold/snow. First "
big" tractor I drove was a 1206. Peanut(it had a snoopy medalion on it) was a sweet running tractor. Sure miss the straight pipe sound she made.

Thanks for the vid, Jeff.

I remember the day my uncle traded his 560 in on a new to him 1206 - thought he had made the big time back then, cab and duals.

Thirty some years later, I'm still wanting a cab tractor - but I know better than to want one of those noisy rattling POS year-a-rounds that seemed like the best thing since sliced bread way back when.

Any cab will rattle. I hated seeing the oldtimers in dozers who claimed they had to keep the doors open so they could see. Cat doors didn't fold against the cab then, and they would shake the crap out them, catch limbs with them, fill the cab and A/C-heater with dust. The guy that brought his lapso opso dog took the cake, it rode around with him all day in a D5M.

I hated Grandpas year a round, unless it was winter. Couldn't convince him to take the doors and windows out during the summer. Dad bought a new heat houser for the 630, and that helped more than I ever thought it might.

Filling the hydraulics on 06 to 66 with cab is kind of a pain. Take the top center bolt out on that big cover on the left side where the transfer case would go to keep it from burping.

At a certain point, even old Binders rate to have a Guardian Saint.

St.Marco has a kinda nice ring to it. :rock:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Father

Based on the crap that we learned to run this thing on in 2008 we need to get you a ride home in case it chokes on a French fry.

Low and behold, here comes old Tuffy smelling like a McDonalds burning down next to a drag strip.

Old pig will blow clinks that will eat thru a spring army coat.

Back