Redmax Gz4000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Javelin

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just got in some new Redmax GZ4000 saws with the strato charged engine. Very good running saw, and very professional built! Another good saw by Komatsu and priced competitive! If any of you get a chance to run one give it a try!

Rich,
Below is the specs for the GZ4000. Javelin told me about them yesterday, and havent had a chance to post them yet. Will have one in my hands soon to give you a status report on them. Sounds like a great little 40cc saw and prices right as well, should be around $250, give or take a little.
Thanks
Hunter

Engine: Pro Strato-Charged™
Engine Displacement: 40.1 cc
Carburetor: Diaphragm
Ignition System: Solid State
Fuel Capacity: 0.65 pints
Dry Weight: 9.5 lbs
Chain Oil Pump: Automatic, Gear Type
Chain Oil Capacity: 0.44
Chain Brake: Dual-Activated
Warranty: 1 Year Commercial, 2 Years Homeowner
Dust-Free Air Intake

Last edited:
Why not just post a link to the product web page which includes a link to the 1.2 MB PDF manual which includes an IPL?

Folks around here are gonna <i>love</i> the fixed L needle (page 13).

I got a kick out of<blockquote><b>CHAIN OIL</b>
Use motor oil SAE 10W-30 all year round, or
SAE 30-40 in summer and SAE 20 in winter.</blockquote>

[edit] dang "quick reply" doesn't inform of subsequent posts...

Glens,
I noticed that to. LOL
So are you going to be running dino or synthetic 10w-30? LOL
Hunter

hmmmmm, not a Stihl or Husky and nobody has slammed it yet?? Must be an OK unit. The rental place down the street sells Redmax and I have never given them a look. think I'll check out a 4000 on the way home today.

I can’t speak for the Redmax 4000 but I will say I am more than impressed with the 5000 that I have that Dan Henry worked over for me. Nice saw it might just be the one to beat in the 50cc class. I haven’t been able to run it much this winter but my dad and brothers have ran the snot out of it and I haven’t heard anything bad yet and trust me they know how to put them to the test.
Butch I’m just up the road from you just north of Mansfield

Sold another one of these today to a guy who had bought one a couple of weeks ago from me. He is very impressed and is converting his ground crew over to them. By the way the 4000 does not have a fixed jet carb on it, or at least the ones I have got in stock are fully adj!

Latest posts

Back