RedMax Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattaggie

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Had a customer bring in a RedMax GZ32N Trimmer yesterday. He had borrowed it from his brother-in-law and broke the trimmer head. He wanted us to fix it immediately. (because in March what else does a Small Engine shop do other than wait for walk-ins). I told him that we wouldn't even have that head and would have to order it. Funny thing is, I cant find the trimmer head for that model anywhere. What part of the country is RedMax popular? We are in Texas and our mechanic said he's never worked on one. Any suggestions on where to find the trimmer head?

Had a customer bring in a RedMax GZ32N Trimmer yesterday. He had borrowed it from his brother-in-law and broke the trimmer head. He wanted us to fix it immediately. (because in March what else does a Small Engine shop do other than wait for walk-ins). I told him that we wouldn't even have that head and would have to order it. Funny thing is, I cant find the trimmer head for that model anywhere. What part of the country is RedMax popular? We are in Texas and our mechanic said he's never worked on one. Any suggestions on where to find the trimmer head?

Not sure what part of Texas you are in but EWI in Houston is the distributor for RedMax. If you don't do business with them, I am sure they can direct you to a dealer in your area.

Check the threads on it and see if you can use one of the Husqvarna T35(?) heads. They are pretty universal, very easy to use/reload, and work well.

Thanks for the reply. We are 70 NW of Houston. We do business with Egine Warehouse, but are not a RedMax dealer with them. We gave the guy a phone number for the nearest dealer. "Can you call them and ask how much the part costs?" He sounded like he had already had a few beverages.

Thanks for the reply. We are 70 NW of Houston. We do business with Egine Warehouse, but are not a RedMax dealer with them. We gave the guy a phone number for the nearest dealer. "Can you call them and ask how much the part costs?" He sounded like he had already had a few beverages.

:censored: maroon! Too ignorant to do anything himself.

I know its too late to matter but it is a GZ23N and not a GZ32N. Also that is the engine model and not the trimmer model.

GZ23N engines are used on the models listed below:
BCZ2400S
BCZ2401S
BCZ2450T
BCZ2460S
BCZ2460TS
Also used on other equipment as well.

The head you need is a PT104 PLUS Part #511010601.

On my 3400, someone had put a HMC Green Machine gearcase on it. I went around looking for a Green Machine head for it, but decided to try the local RedMax dealer to see what he had. Apparently RedMax and the Green Machine trimmers used the same heads, as he was able to match up a RedMax head to it.

Thought I had a good picture of it, but this was all I could find. I can take a picture of the head and screw adapter if needed. :)

aacc062f.jpg

I made a typo when I said GZ32N, I had been searching for a GZ23N. But the Engine vs Model explains why I couldnt find anything. Feel like an idiot now. Oh well, live and learn. I wasn't too disappointed not be able to help this guy anyway.

Back