Redneck chainsaw techniques

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your just jealous that you didn't think of that first. By the way how are your dogs handling the heat and humidity.

Your just jealous that you didn't think of that first. By the way how are your dogs handling the heat and humidity.

Don't worry, I am going to try it with my Mac Super Pro 125 with a 60" bar. Then we'll see who the strongest redneck is.....

Dogs are doing great thank you.

003-4.jpg

That video should be called the worlds dumbest redneck. Sometimes I wonder how some people manage to keep themselves alive. I have to say it was kind of entertaining.

What's so funny?

I use a chainsaw to do the hedges all the time. I have two hedge trimmers, a 16" and a 20" but they will not cut a stem thicker than 1/4". A 20" box store saw will cut whatever. Chainsaws are bad about jamming up with stems packed under the clutch cover. I use the hedge trimmers on the Taxus shrubs but on the fast growing stuff like privet, it's Chainsaw time.

I dread the thought of swinging a chainsaw on a rope though. That is almost like playing Russian roulette?

Notice how the saw on the rope, if it was angled correctly to cut, the saw swinging would diminish, and the saw would settle into the hedge causing a gouge? Terrible job.

While the chainsaw may be a good option for tackling those tough hedges, his style and execution leave a lot to be desired. If he had a means to create a smooth motion with each pass while keeping the saw in the proper plane he might be on to something.

In the early 60's a very good friend's father bought a large land grant plantation with a circular drive that went completely around the house. On the inside of the driveway was a decades old boxwood hedge that needed trimming. Given its age, it was too wide to reach the middle from either side. He rigged up a lawnmower so it would slide on 2 parallel poles and they used that to mow the hedges, one person on the outside and one on the inside. A pass would be made and then the mower pushed in on the poles to make the next cut.

Looks like our buddy had the same type of thought...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1cc_1282222588

By the way, Stihl 015 has a factory hedge trimmer attachment so I guess I am using a saw when cutting with it.

Last edited:
That guy is pretty funny I think at times... But You know its all an act :smile:

[video=youtube;K_r_zDxAJDk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_r_zDxAJDk&feature=related[/video]
But this is pretty cool right here!
Just another Larry The Cable Guy

Latest posts

Back