Refurbing 262xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lingham

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I am refurbing a 1992 262xp. This saw has a brass drive gear pressed on the drive shaft. The brass gear drives the oiler. I need to replace this drive gear and I know the newer versions of this saw have a plastic version of this part. My question is; can I replace the brass gear with the newer plastic one? If so, are there any other parts that also need to be changed to permit the plastic oil drive gear to work, or is it as simple as swap em and go?

Thanks,

Hi all, I am refurbing a 1992 262xp. This saw has a brass drive gear pressed on the drive shaft. The brass gear drives the oiler. I need to replace this drive gear and I know the newer versions of this saw have a plastic version of this part. My question is; can I replace the brass gear with the newer plastic one? If so, are there any other parts that also need to be changed to permit the plastic oil drive gear to work, or is it as simple as swap em and go?

Thanks,

You would need the correct clutch drum to drive the plastic oiler gear. The left oiler gear pictured is for .325 and the oiler gear on the right is for 3/8 by the part numbers I have on hand.
If you buy the clutch drum kit with the oiler gear included in the set you should be fine. If you buy the drum seperately be careful to make sure you purchase the correct plastic oiler gear to match the clutch drum because the drive slots on the oiler gears are different.

husqvaran262driveoilerwheels002.jpg

husqvaran262driveoilerwheels001.jpg

Last edited:
Went through old and new IPL's last night, and came into work this morning thinking I have this figured out. And as a matter of fact, I took apart my 1996 model 262xp to try and understand this clearly and like I said, I thought I had it figured out.

I had no clue there was two different plastic oiler gears, and am very glad I posted.

Thanks very much, Thanks for taking the time to take the pictures as well !

Regards

Latest posts

Back