regrets - glad it wasn't me...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just looking at the cut, it dosn't make sense.

It looks like it was wedged against the bad side, and blew out on a straight cut.

Who in thier right might knows to use a wedge on the bad side, but dosn't know any better than a straight cut?

Unless of course the pics are after the fact, and all has been sanitized on the stump and log to protect the guilty party from further public humiliation.

That's gotta suck!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

+1 for me on this. It doesn't look right. Look at the stump and look at the angle the tree went thru the house. Something doesn't look right in this picture. It does not appear the tree rolled and then fell into the house.

No, no. I was talking about the lack of tracks, as in it couldnt have driven there without leaving some pretty visable tracks in that lawn and I cant see any.

Well Butch, I agree with some of it...

I really looked hard at all the pictures, and I have to agree that the skidder doesn't have any tracks left, and I thought that was a little strange too.

The house didn't appear to be completed on the second floor, nor does it look like it has been occupied in a while. The large amount of "trees" growing up in the valley between the two roof lines, and the huge growing vinery in the "front" of the house.

Really can't tell though, tough one no matter what. Wouldn't want to be the one in charge of that one...

There was a big Doug Fir (a little bigger than the tree pictured) that blew down here. The results were almost identical. A big tree can literally cut a house in half.
I got a lot of removal job's from that blow down. It's amazing how fear can loosen up people's wallets.

Andy

I looked at skidsteer in Photoshop at hi magnification (500%)and although a masterful job of masking the background it appears to be fake in my semi professional humble opinion. If it truly is fake and being touted as real it just makes it harder for other photographers who market their work as real photos and are called into question on a rare once in a lifetime photo.
I would NEVER add anything to a photo that was not already there and pass it off as real.
I believe it is fake since grass is standing verticle both behind and in front of the wheels. Also, the grass is blurred and sharp in several areas adjacent to each other under the skidsteer.

Even I could drop a tree away from a house,somehow, especially if proper equipment is at hand and they imply they had a skidsteer with a chain.
If the person did falsify the image in my opinion as I do not have an original image to check, I also question the motives behind felling a tree toward a house. Insurance? Again, just an opinion

Latest posts

Back