Remember the Good Ole Days?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Indian Springs was good. Popped up a year or two and said he had some health issues.
I remember when you could post a thread of the new 290 you bought and get a bunch of rep. Guy just posted a thread where he dropped over a G on a new 660 and got told it was crap compared to the 661 by a bunch of guys that run their saws once a week then polish them with a diaper.
And they wonder why folks don't stick around anymore.

I just read that and thought the same thing what a bunch of assholes

Ken Dunn was Yoda. Gypo Logger thought round ground chain was the fastest. Walt thought his 1hour chain was going to beat Art Martin's race chain. Tommy Fales was kicked off this "cork sucker" site. Dennis Cahoon said we were stupid woodticks. Dennis Greffard had chainsaws on his roof. Stinky Grommet flew his own helicopter. The Predator was the fastest saw in the world.
If you remember these you have been here awhile.

Ken Dunn was Yoda. Gypo Logger thought round ground chain was the fastest. Walt thought his 1hour chain was going to beat Art Martin's race chain. Tommy Fales was kicked off this "cork sucker" site. Dennis Cahoon said we were stupid woodticks. Dennis Greffard had chainsaws on his roof. Stinky Grommet flew his own helicopter. The Predator was the fastest saw in the world.
If you remember these you have been here awhile.
What ever happened to Stinky Grommet and Big Dutchman? And why was he running around with my under panties hanging off the end of a stick at your GTG Mike?? Remember when I was Ginger and Art Marin fell in love with me? Lol. I'll let you tell the story.
Btw, isn't Dennis Greffard Dennis Cahoon's son?

Sometimes an older thread gets dragged out of the archives and I wonder what happened to the previous posters but I expect for many this forum and perhaps the entire chainsaw enthusiast thing is fleeting. Five years from now, I don't know if I'll be visiting this forum. I don't know if I'll be visiting it in five days if the Verizon/AS relationship doesn't improve. I don't have time to wait 1 to 3 minutes for a page to open.

The quality of information is orders of magnitude better than what it was. Detailed pictures and instructions on porting work etc. That didn't happen before. It was all secret voodoo sauce old boys club inside joke figure it out for yourself BS. There were huge egos that thought porting saws was equal to godhood.

I think it would be a much better place if Mr. and Mrs. Johnson would contribute a bit more to the general discussion here and help stir things up.

Sometimes an older thread gets dragged out of the archives and I wonder what happened to the previous posters but I expect for many this forum and perhaps the entire chainsaw enthusiast thing is fleeting. Five years from now, I don't know if I'll be visiting this forum. I don't know if I'll be visiting it in five days if the Verizon/AS relationship doesn't improve. I don't have time to wait 1 to 3 minutes for a page to open.

There are other sites:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back