Remember the Good Ole Days?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you have enough to do already? I don't think you need to loose your mind taking care of a bunch of chainsaw loving riff raff.

I just wanna ban someone........just one time. :crazy2:

Does anyone know what happened to mitch (mweba) ? S.H maybe ?

Mitch is fine........I see him on FB regularly.

Those 441's worth modding ?

Yeah, I think they are. They are RPM limited though........so they don't appeal to anyone that wants to see a saw making 15,000......

Speaking of the ole days was sitting at a RR crossing watching car haulers going by. Remember when they weren't enclosed so you could see what was going by. Almost forgot about the nice crap painted on the rail cars. Yep our society has really improved!!!!
they enclosed them,,because the wonderful uprising of gangs and thugs,,were breaking windows,,and stealing the cars bare......

I wanna be banded too!!

$_35.JPG

Hey Brad, remember the good ole days when 361's were awesome and you used to port everything with ridonkulous wide upper transfers? Well, I copied your porting on my 361 those many moons ago. I just tried to make my cylinder look like your pictures. And it worked dandy. The saw still runs like a million bucks, except that it takes a while to warm up and it idles realllly fast before it gets warm. Ones she's nice and hot runs a beauty. Is that because of the stupid wide uppers? I left timing the same and just made everything WIDE. It was the fad at the time. That and routers. Anyways, can I correct that cold high idle issue by changing port timing? Or what causes it? Saw has 16-17 squish so maybe I should check if it freeports..... it was my first ever port job.

In the 'good ole days' the 'experienced' saw builders wouldn't answer these kind of questions. Or they would make you jump through some hoops, make fun of a guy first, and then maybe.....possibly give you a hint. Now we have guys that share the secret sauce and they have more work than they can shake a stick at. So I think the good days are now.

I've only helped do it the cut, scoop, crimp, spray method as well. And by help, I mean hold the leg rope and work the head gate. My buddy swore it was less chance of infection than bands. I tried feeding some nuts to our two Dobermans one year. They would play with them but too tough to chew, so they gave up. These are the same dogs that turn a tennis ball into 3 pieces in one bite.

I was always the tail holder on the cut method since i was the tallest and at the time strongest.my uncle always done banding.i was always elected to do that.used to catch the little guys sound asleep in the sun and pick them up by the back legs and drop them on their back just enough to stun them.last time i tried it was on a 120 pounder and wound up breaking a rib.:laugh:
Miss my farming days but it took a toll on my body.

Hey Brad, remember the good ole days when 361's were awesome and you used to port everything with ridonkulous wide upper transfers? Well, I copied your porting on my 361 those many moons ago. I just tried to make my cylinder look like your pictures. And it worked dandy. The saw still runs like a million bucks, except that it takes a while to warm up and it idles realllly fast before it gets warm. Ones she's nice and hot runs a beauty. Is that because of the stupid wide uppers? I left timing the same and just made everything WIDE. It was the fad at the time. That and routers. Anyways, can I correct that cold high idle issue by changing port timing? Or what causes it? Saw has 16-17 squish so maybe I should check if it freeports..... it was my first ever port job.

In the 'good ole days' the 'experienced' saw builders wouldn't answer these kind of questions. Or they would make you jump through some hoops, make fun of a guy first, and then maybe.....possibly give you a hint. Now we have guys that share the secret sauce and they have more work than they can shake a stick at. So I think the good days are now.
That sounds more like carb issues to me. Did it not do this before the porting and start doing it immediately afterwards?

Yeah, everyone knows you should use a wood router to port a chainsaw cylinder ;)

As a mod I'm curious what actually happens on the other end when someone gets banned. In my career I've only banned spammers, a few BA's, and that guy who tried to say Mastermind and Stumpy were posers. (Mrs A does all of the banning of problem causing "regular" members.) Perhaps we ban one of you eager volunteers and you send us a screen shot? ;)

As a mod I'm curious what actually happens on the other end when someone gets banned. In my career I've only banned spammers, a few BA's, and that guy who tried to say Mastermind and Stumpy were posers. (Mrs A does all of the banning of problem causing "regular" members.) Perhaps we ban one of you eager volunteers and you send us a screen shot? ;)
Hey you worthless !@#%$^%^@#. What kind of mod are you anyway?

There, is that enough to ban me for 5 minutes? :)

Hey you worthless !@#%$^%^@#. What kind of mod are you anyway?

There, is that enough to ban me for 5 minutes? :)
You are too valuable to ban LOL. Plus we need an admin to unban and since that darn @stihl sawing retired that only leaves Darin and Jen.

Also you can often lose post/like count in a ban/urban situation. Since you are in the top 5 that would wreck your mojo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back