Remember This Pile Of Lumber I Milled Out??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawyer Rob

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
standard.jpg

When I milled it out, I told you I was going to use it to build boxes to hold firewood. Well, today I build one of them,

standard.jpg

It sits on landscapeing timbers that a lady gave me, so I decided to use some of them for the "ground contact", as they were "treated" for just that. The nails I used, I was given a 50 pound box of them by a friend in Canada, so I have plenty of those! lol AND the few screws in it, I have had around for many years, so I really didn't have to go out and buy anything to built it, or the others I will build.

Anyway, it holds 1/2 cord and is easily moved with my tractor,

standard.jpg

Now, to build some more!

SR

That is a pretty slick set up you have there. What's the plan, load them up and drive them to the house next winter?

Yup, that's the plan, move the firewood to the house with my tractor and throw the splits down in the basement as it's seasoned and I need it.

Once I get more of the boxes built, i'll be splitting, with the splits going straight into the boxes...

SR

Nice! I'm trying to come up with something movable like that because my best unloading spot happens to be where I want to build a garage... Luckily my neighbor has a forklift so I might get away with stacking on pallets and wrapping them up with plastic or straps.. That's a pretty sweet setup you have there.

Latest posts

Back