Remembering why I LOVE the 346XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now now boys.
I'm just poking him a bit with a sharp stick I'll get on about how the US still owes us for the green lady in the harbour +we had to help you to not becoming a British colony Being a Brit but having lived in France for donkeys years my loyalties are some what divided:blob2::blob2::blob2:

I'm just poking him a bit with a sharp stick I'll get on about how the US still owes us for the green lady in the harbour +we had to help you to not becoming a British colony Being a Brit but having lived in France for donkeys years my loyalties are some what divided:blob2::blob2::blob2:

I would say that we returned the "Colony" favor June 6th, 1944 just in case you had forgotten ;)

Doug :cheers:

I would say that we returned the "Colony" favor June 6th, 1944 just in case you had forgotten ;)

Doug :cheers:
Yes I remember having to go down the air raid shelter every night for a cople of months maybe more Living near to Derby the Luftwaffe tried their hardest to flatten Rolls Royce aero engine factories Do you think the US would have entered the conflict if the oriental fella's hadn't sneaked in on Pearl H Sorry it's wandering from the thread of the OP

I was running mine last night hanging from a lanyard spikeless cleaning up some storm damaged limbs on a shaggy hickory. Haven’t put a tach on it in years so I checked it. Idling at 3100rpms and peak rpm no load with chain on 16” bar was 12,500ish. Maybe I should lean her out a little? Snelling, what is your recommended idle rpm for these 346’s? Mines pre emissions.

I haven't had the opportunity to run saws much in the last couple years. I haven't even done much port work. Between burnout and health issues I've pretty much quit working on saws. However, a commercial customer of mine bought a saw that I built a couple years ago and said it wouldn't rev. This was basically a new saw that hadn't been used. So he sent the saw back to me to investigate. I started by checking the piston and it looked like new. I then set both carb needles to 1 1/4. The H needle was out significantly farther than it should have been. I then went to the test log to fine tune the saw and see how it ran. It ran perfectly. I haven't yet talked to the user since running it, but it appears it was simply a tuning issue. Anyway, running this saw just reminded me why I love this saw so much. This saw has a 16" B&C running .325 chisel chain. The wood is dead Ash, very hard wood. It just muscled through this log, even with the bar buried. Check it out.

So is it even possible to make my JD cs52 run like that? How much work would I be looking at, or how much would it cost me to have someone do the work? I have used a dremil a lot, but know nothing about port work, or timing on a 2 stroke. Your saw is sweet!

I was running mine last night hanging from a lanyard spikeless cleaning up some storm damaged limbs on a shaggy hickory. Haven’t put a tach on it in years so I checked it. Idling at 3100rpms and peak rpm no load with chain on 16” bar was 12,500ish. Maybe I should lean her out a little? Snelling, what is your recommended idle rpm for these 346’s? Mines pre emissions.
14,000 rpm or a bit more is where they like to be.

Brad is this the same saw from your other thread with the bad crank seal? My god do these rev to the moon. Nice saw and nice build.

All the smaller Husqvarna saws run really good. My 70’s 240 and my 353 run great. I know I need more of these little guys let’s not say too much we will drive the prices up.

I went up against a 032 Stihl vs my 240 husky. The Stihl jumped on the start on a 15” maple log and was halfway through it when my 240 started and we came outcthe bottom together. No words were said but the little 240 showed some muscle.

At the fair in speed cutting my buddy’s 444 kicked butt in that class.

Seen one at the pawn shop today 399 .00 . Always been looking for a hop up 50 cc saw . Did a base gasket delete on a 51 felt like the torque went up spin was the same . Might have to relook this . The first Husqvarna I seen was a 44 rancher . Was thinking what's that old guy going to cut with that little saw ? Wound up to be a lot in a short time

353 near me in nice cond for $150, guess I ought to jump on that...eh?

Yes!!! The 353 is a fantastic saw especially the early models without the primer. The 353 is still one of my all time favorite saw, it was my only saw for a few years. You know before I went nuts and started collecting saws.

Latest posts

Back