Remembering why I LOVE the 346XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I haven't had the opportunity to run saws much in the last couple years. I haven't even done much port work. Between burnout and health issues I've pretty much quit working on saws. However, a commercial customer of mine bought a saw that I built a couple years ago and said it wouldn't rev. This was basically a new saw that hadn't been used. So he sent the saw back to me to investigate. I started by checking the piston and it looked like new. I then set both carb needles to 1 1/4. The H needle was out significantly farther than it should have been. I then went to the test log to fine tune the saw and see how it ran. It ran perfectly. I haven't yet talked to the user since running it, but it appears it was simply a tuning issue. Anyway, running this saw just reminded me why I love this saw so much. This saw has a 16" B&C running .325 chisel chain. The wood is dead Ash, very hard wood. It just muscled through this log, even with the bar buried. Check it out.

I'm still looking for that NIB Barn Find, from the Widow that thinks that $50 is "Probably Too Much for that old saw that has been sitting in a box in the barn for years" ;)

The problem with buying saws on the AS Trading Post, is that Too Many Guys here KNOW what some of their saws are worth :(

Doug :cheers:

Found a pretty nice low hours almost new 346xp NE for $175...it runs good.

uUjIKkV.jpg

Brad, you and others here inspired me to get a 346 several years back (and then a second one for backup). I used to think a 372 was the sweetest saw I'd ever run. Now I use the 346 more often, and go to the 372 for bigger wood. My back really likes the 346 as the day goes on.

That 346--it's a little hot rod. And mine are bone stock.

Found a pretty nice low hours almost new 346xp NE for $175...it runs good.

uUjIKkV.jpg

I have this one and have taken two Husqvarna 350's and put a 346xp top end on, metal intake clamp and a wire through the muffler studs head to keep from backing out and they run just as good and about bulletproof this way.

I'm still looking for that NIB Barn Find, from the Widow that thinks that $50 is "Probably Too Much for that old saw that has been sitting in a box in the barn for years" ;)

The problem with buying saws on the AS Trading Post, is that Too Many Guys here KNOW what some of their saws are worth :(

So you being the gentleman you are would relieve the unknowing widow of a several hundred dollers worth of saw for fifty dollers Shame on you :blob2::blob2:

Blo**y foreign money all the notes are the same colour & that's the "proper way of spelling colour :cheers:

Our Currency may all be the same color(and that's the PROPER way to spell it HERE ;)) but it IS the most DESIRED currency, on the PLANET, and the STANDARD CURRENCY of International Trade:buttkick:

Back