Remington Bantam???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakers

Owner - Arbor Jake's Tree Service, LLC
Reaction score
Im going to start off by saying i officially have CAD. i went to visit a coworker today and left with two saws. an 024 AV super and a remington bantam. got the super cleaned and waiting on fuel line but i know nothing about the remington saw. are they rare? good? junk? worth anything to anyone else? seems to be in good shape. sprocket is worn quite a bit and the bar is almost shot but even if i do get it going i wont really use it unless i can find a new bar or a good used one maybe. anywho, just looking for some info on the rem saw. Cubic inches/CC's, HP output, max bar.... or if anybody is intrested in the saw and maybe would like to talk about purchase

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I would keep the Remington and sell the Stihl.:msp_smile:

Al.

Ditto!

From the right side view of the case it looks to have the Carter ND carb.. Diaphram kit is available from Sugar Creek Supply. (my Kansas City neighbor to the south).

Bars are available as the large Homelite pattern is about the same.

Keep tabs on evilbay for an Oregon 10619 power mate rim drive/drum kit. The sprockets are a real problem due to the hub fitting inside the crankcase.

.404" or 7/16" pitch?

Repost your pictures in the Remington/Mall thread in the stickies for more replies.

Carl.

thanks for the tips. i was up till almost 4 reading in that darn sticky thread. lotsa good info. ill repost my pics later after i snap a couple more

that's a nice looking Bantam. I'd keep it, but if you want to get rid of it, it shouldn't be a problem with the shape it appears to be in. You have an early version with the square mesh recoil screen and Carter carb.

im not really too into the old hard to find parts for saws so if anybody is intrested just shoot me a PM and we can go from there. i was thinking parts woud be a little easier to come by when i took it home but i believe its above the level of time and tinkering im looking to get into at the moment. and acording to my little plastic guage that came with my electric sharpener its set up with 7/16 chain so if i were to keep it id never find chain to use it. altho the chain thats on it has about half of its life left in it

Back