Remington SL-11 repaint and questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmswilson1

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi I recently bought this saw from Rookie1 and wanted to share some pics of the cleaning/repaint. Also, I got frustrated with the saw last night when I tried to start it for the first time after the reassembly, the saw ran with a shot of mix in the carb when I originally received it now I can't get anything. It has an excellent spark, great compression, and piston looks fine too. any ideas with what Ive done wrong?
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
Man Mat if I knew that saw looked hat good underneath Id a kept it for myself.You did a super job cleaning it up. What did you take off to paint it? You mentioned a compression release in your email.Is it working properly. Its not flooded is it? I did that once recently putting too much premix in the carb and flloding engine. I had to pull the plug and walk away to let the gas evaporate and my anger level drop. Keep us posted.:cheers:

I had the entire saw dismantled when I painted because I wanted to freshen up the piston and cylinder. I had thought about going with orange but the saw was stock red and I am definitely glad I went with that. I blevie I may have flooded it last time I am going to try today but its raining a ton here.

looks good,,, did you also go thru teh carb? re assemble it properly? you can pull teh plug and see if its wet or flooded....
let us know how you make out,,,,

ok I forgot to put two of the bolts that seal the intake to the reed valve, so I definitely had a vacuum leak. I tried to start it and still got nothing though. When I tried to start it I had the muffler removed and I shot mix directly in the cylinder was this dumb, is that too concentrated?

It needs to seal to prevent back pressure from escaping. Im not sure that would keep it from starting. Unless the paint chips were huge.:)

Back