remote operated trigger/throttle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixteenacrewood

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I have a panther pro caraige mill with a big Dolmar PS 9010 and I'm looking for some ideas for modifying it.

I did a bit of searching here and have not found any good photos.

I am looking for a remote throttle trigger/cable set up I can set up on my alaskan and panther pro. I was hoping to see what some of you have done on your saws.

Also, I have a problem with my carburator compartment filling up with saw dust when milling on the panther pro. For some reason it doesn't do it on the alaskan
Has any one else had this problem? I have been running it wihout the cover so the airfilter doesn't get clogged.

Thanks in advance

Here's what I did for my mill

remotethrottle1-jpg.323700

remotethrottle2-jpg.323702

remotethrottle3-jpg.323703

Attachments

• 20110510_93.JPG
    20110510_93.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 20110510_94.JPG
    20110510_94.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 65
PhilB, that's not a mill, it's a masterpiece. Always been a little jealous. Is the trigger mount a clamp style or drilled thru handle?

I have a problem with my carburator compartment filling up with saw dust when milling on the panther pro. For some reason it doesn't do it on the alaskan
Has any one else had this problem? I have been running it wihout the cover so the airfilter doesn't get clogged.

I see the same problem when using my small CS carriage mill.

From what I see there are two inputs to this problem compared to using an alaskan
The first is the great length of exposed moving chain on the inboard side of the log allowing more sawdust to spray out of the chain before it gets to the clutch cover.
The second is the exhaust gets a greater chance to interact and further fluff up the dust cloud generated by the previous factor.
The air filter is this permanently in a fog of dust that very little can be done about.

With an alaskan more B&C is buried in the wood so more sawdust is directed into the clutch cover and the exhaust is less likely to interact with the cloud.
This is even more significant in the case of my Bigger Ally mill which has no inboard clamp. Instead of a clamp the mill bolts to the bar bolts and the bar can be buried right unto the coil tank as I have removed the dogs.
This means an even greater proportion of the sawdust is directed into the clutch cover

Because my big mill bolt to the bar bolts, I also replaced the clutch cover, and I modified the muffler to stop it bouncing off the log up into the operators face..
see http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/880-muffler-mod-question.88748/#post-1467236
Here you can see the exhaust expands the gasses right where the sawdust exits the clutch cover.
880four.jpg
One of the unintended benefits of this is that the saw squirts most the sawdust around 3-10 ft away from the operators feet which reduces the sawdust fog around the operator and reduced the amount of sawdust that accumulates around the operators feet.

Pond Hopper,
I drilled through the handle between the ribs, but a clamp on remote throttle would work as well.
Phil

Back