Removing a pinched saw (Miracle Wedge)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see where I need one. When cutting, I always have plastic wedges handy. Tapping a plastic wedge into the cut accomplishes the same thing for me, in one tenth the time and with no more expense.

This may be the only sane response to this thread.

They are on the market in Canada. I sell them, thats my video. I get them from my saw distr. They are not intended for felling.

Good stuff. I can't really see a place for them in felling either but for a homeowner they'll do fine. Wedging in itself is an art to be honest and these look simple.

I don't see where I need one. When cutting, I always have plastic wedges handy. Tapping a plastic wedge into the cut accomplishes the same thing for me, in one tenth the time and with no more expense.

I'm certainly always open to buying new tools, so can someone convince me I need one ?

I agree about the wedges. I've never been pinched when I've got that wedge in early like you're supposed to. I have been stuck however by trying to defeat the laws of tree physics :)

Not to be an arse, but are guys really getting hung up and pinched all the time? I used to think the second saw thing was an excuse to buy more saws, but I guess some do need to cut their primary saw out a lot.

It's not that people get hung up and pinched all the time but no matter how experienced you are it does happen. Also when it does happen, particularly on larger, heavier leaners any sort of wedging the cut open is generally out of the question. It takes a LOT of time to get a bar out of a heavy tree that has grabbed your saw, particularly hardwoods. Best to get that wedge in the second you can regardless of lean. It's a good practice to get into.

Thanks for the laugh.

Not wrong Randy. Lifting a tree up then releasing it to sit (or slam!) back down on the wedge(s) is a surefire way to shear off the hinge and have it come back over on you (or the garage, house, car, fence etc etc). I mean it obviously wasn't a large tree to begin with if he was using a felling lever but a poor habit to get into regardless.

Matt, you didn't click "like" on my response, I'm insulted.:hmm3grin2orange:

Oh my god, I am utterly utterly gutted. Sorry old son but fixed now. I saw your response but thought I'd better watch the video first as I thought it may have been purposefully comedic. Alas, it wasn't...

Oh my god, I am utterly utterly gutted. Sorry old son but fixed now. I saw your response but thought I'd better watch the video first as I thought it may have been purposefully comedic. Alas, it wasn't...

You are forgiven old son, go forth and sin some more.

I would call it, Plumbob on a Stick. You could put a string on it, and have two tools in one, oops 3 because it is a juicer too, oops 4 because it is a giant cork screw...anything else?

I see a game in the future...bored fallers waiting for a ride playing a modified Jarts game or throwing it at trees.

I need another (backup) saw!

Or, maybe you need a Miracle Wedge !

...but I'd rather have another saw! As others say, get wedges in sooner. I've also made friends with my 4 ton come-along and chains. I wish I'd found some of these forums sooner...It's a minor miracle I never killed myself doing some of the stupid things while learning about felling. I almost know what I'm doing now. And I want a felling lever-never even heard of those before. I am a retard.

Latest posts

Back