Rep your state thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes we do exist

:msp_biggrin:

Well now, I believe there is such a place and you got it down! Thanks!
Jeff

The people that came up from Louisiana to help us with that Ice Storm clean up from Entergy said that it was worse than Katrina. I find that hard to believe but they were at both places. I was not.

Most people don't believe me when I tell them I'm from a town named Sidney, and we even have a post office here, for now anyway.

By the way thats the first pictures I have posted on AS.

The people that came up from Louisiana to help us with that Ice Storm clean up from Entergy said that it was worse than Katrina. I find that hard to believe but they were at both places. I was not.

Most people don't believe me when I tell them I'm from a town named Sidney, and we even have a post office here, for now anyway.

By the way thats the first pictures I have posted on AS.

Maybe you should post more. Share man!
Jeff

sorr norway climber i just wanted to see if there was anyone on here close to me but there has not been anyone relativly close lol. but thanks for posting and repping your country man

I come from a land down under, were women blow and men thunder

Plenty of work but most are doing it for free.

council press release

"Townsville is steadily getting back on its feet as the recovery from Cyclone Yasi continues on the streets, in parks and in backyards across the city. Townsville’s massive clean-up is continuing today with a council and Army crews clearing the city’s roads of thousands of fallen trees.

The council alone has 270 personnel in 35 crews working around the city equipped with 60 chainsaws, 55 trucks, eight semi-trailer tippers, 27 backhoes, eight bobcats and eight front end loaders to cut, load and transport the tree waste.

Lou Litster Park has been set up as a temporary depot and is mulching 120 cubic metres of mulch per hour through two tub grinders. Other units are located at Harvey Range Transfer Station, Stuart landfill and Magnetic Island landfill. Two more are on their way to the city and will be stationed at Jensen transfer station and the suburb of Cosgrove. Each unit produces 60 tonnes of mulch an hour.

Council also has eight woodchippers out on the road and more on their way and has requested additional chainsaws from the State. The Army is also out in force assisting with the removal of trees in a range of locations.

The city’s landfill and transfer sites have also been accepting green waste from private and commercial users logging almost 2400 cubic metres or 177 tonnes in the past few days."

View attachment 171763

I spent 3 weeks in and around the Paragould and Jonesboro area in the 09 storm. Crowley’s Ridge mainly. I drove a lone bucket truck into the mouth of that monster all the way from Champaign, IL. area "Home of the ISA."

I liked the area, and the people were outstanding, even when they didn't know what I was there for.

All the ice storms and hurricane work has ignited that yearning for the south in me. My family was up from Glasgow, Kentucky to start farming, so I suppose that maybe part of it. We don't farm anymore and I can hardly stand Illinois these days for a number of reasons. They need to make Chicago its own state (not a new idea), clean house in Springfield, bring back the Chief, and put things back into the hands of the good people that actually make up the state.

Well, that's all the rep i can give it, anyway. ;) Check back with me in a year, or so.

Latest posts

Back