Repairing handle bar mounting holes on a Husqvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodyjiw

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
As the title says my 372 has "sloppy" handle bar holes.
I did a search on repairing them but nothing came up, maybe I didn't word it just right but either way, has anyone else out there figured out a good way to repair them????
I was thinking of possibly over drilling them slightly and using JB weld or something similar to fill the holes then after it cures redrilling and remounting but I'd hate to wreck the holes doing this.
So if anyone has experience or wants to add their 2 cents my ears are open. Thanks guys

I did end up using zip ties for now. Maybe I'll get more elaborate if they loosen after being used a bit.

Thanks for the tips...

I have partially filled a bunged up hole with JB weld or rifle action bedding compound. First remove the handlebar or whatever it is that needs fastening. Work some JB down to the bottom of the hole and let what ever residual go where it goes. Then coat the screw with release agent and run it in until the head contacts the base of the hole. Let dry 24 hrs. Take the screw back out. Dress down any squeeze out. Put item to be fastened back on and drive screw home.

You could even go so far as to bed the handlebar with JB weld (or bedding compound) just like gunsmiths and rifle makers do with rifle actions. This makes the handlebar exponentially stronger and could lead to the elimination of getting sloppy holes altogether.

I have worked on saws that have had Stripped holes with various types of "JB Weld compounds the vibration of the fastenings & general "chatter" of the saw has caused some failures the JB has cracked or not ad eared to the plastic to effect a good repair

Use the Husqvarna part for the 5mm about 6$ plus drill bit

Attachments

• thread insert service bulliten.pdf
    35.6 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back