Retired

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap::clap::clap: Good on ya. Don't be like me and just "semi-retire". When the phone rings tell 'em NO!. :biggrin:

Hahaha. I thought being "semi-retired" was just part of the job.
Try to make enough money in the busy times to make it through the "hoot owl's", salamander's, butterfly's, etc. etc. etc.
If it weren't for past shutdown's I might could maybe, possibly retire someday...Naw, it'll never happen. But that's the way I like it (I guess). :cheers:

Andy

Today is it. Won't be around to see the transgender restroom sign go up!:msp_ohmy:

So since yer not doing anything... ya wanna come drag chokers for me, I'll pay ya in geritol and prune juice! the ground isn't too steep (a little less then 90*) and its fairly firm (mud is only knee deep).

But I do have one new choker so they arn't all bent...

Enjoy your time off.:rock:

There is a light at the end of the tunnel then, huh? Congrats.

Just don't do anything silly like becoming an AS Mod.......You'll never get a day off.............(Bob :laugh:)

-Sam

It's kinda like being a side rod Sam...you have to know when to look like you're working.

And yes there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel. You'll get there. I've found that logging is a lot more enjoyable now that I have a choice about whether or not I have to do it.

It's kinda like being a side rod Sam...you have to know when to look like you're working.

And yes there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel. You'll get there. I've found that logging is a lot more enjoyable now that I have a choice about whether or not I have to do it.

I am really looking forward to being able to say, no get some one else i'm not interested. few more years to go before I can do that.

That's some stone-cold wisdom right there.

Naaahhhh....not really but thanks anyway. If it was wisdom how come I didn't figure all that out years ago? I think it's more experience and observation than wisdom.

Back on topic...The best thing about retirement? Choices. Having choices is like being rich. People ask "What do you do, now that you're retired?"
The answer is "Any darn thing I please in whatever time and order appeals to me". Wash the pickup today? Nope, I think I'll sit out on the back deck and read a book. Maybe a nice little nap after a leisurely lunch. Go to town in the middle of the week. Take a walk. Do some volunteer work. Go fishing. Write letters to the grandkids. All the stuff I haven't had time for in the last fifty years of getting logs down the hill.

I'm still working enough to keep my hand in but I don't have to if I don't want to. Choices.

Thanks everyone! It still seems a little weird. I kept thinking yesterday was Saturday since I wasn't at work. Northman I'd have to get my out of shape carcass in better shape to pull wire through the brush. At least I still know how to set chokers:hmm3grin2orange:. You know Randy the time will go fast!

Back