Revalving splitter to auto valve

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which auto valve depends on two things. Power beyond or not, and which type of fittings to get to match existing ones.

Can I use a power beyond valve if nothing is plumbed beyond? As in maybe a future (second) log lift, or hydraulic winch.
Second, how do I identify the type of fittings or size ports I have on my TW-6?

The valve is an LS-3000, but the schematic supplied by Timberwolf is a 'typical'.

If you have nothing beyond it you may be able to plug it or get a plug to replace the power beyond port. You would need to call Prince to be sure as the autocycle valves are ported differently. Really the power beyond for most auto-cycle valves is not necessary if you are right handed or if your splitter is layed out so you stand to the right of the wedge on horizontal mode. You want the ram cycle valve to be closer to you. Just make sure you use a 5000 series valve for the log lift / wedge adjust circuits so you have big enough passages for the flow of your pump to keep the heat down. Mine is plumbed as below:
Pump -> log lift / wedge lift -> auto cycle ram ->tank
`````````````````````` \-> tank
(ignore the `)

As far as what kind of ports do I have. The easiest sure fire way is to unscrew a hose and see if there is an o-ring at the base of the threads..

oringboss.gif

Here's a link to a reference pdf.
https://www.surpluscenter.com/images/techhelp/SAE.pdf

Back