Revolution wheel- new river equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope vermeer is listening. That completely lost our business. We used to be all Vermeer. They added all sorts of electronic BS and became unreliable...then they failed to keep up as everyone else made more aggressive chippers...
Bandit is listening ... a factory rep saw my post and I got a call from our dealer a few days later

I hope vermeer is listening. That completely lost our business. We used to be all Vermeer. They added all sorts of electronic BS and became unreliable...then they failed to keep up as everyone else made more aggressive chippers...
Bandit is listening ... a factory rep saw my post and I got a call from our dealer a few days later

Well it's kind of hard to buy a Vermeer that is gonna do what you guys expect. There is no real real powerful grapple fed chipper, nor do any of there grinders match up to the others. That 60tx has had the same problems for a long time, and the design stays pretty much the same.

The tx60 grinds great. Very maneuverable gets to places a grinder should never go...but 500 hrs is a very short life expectancy for a clutch.. also having a vermeer sales man tell me..
"1500 hrs? At that point its time to consider replacing it"
That said it all for me.

View attachment 266096

Done way too many of these. This was just yesterday

Ohhhhh ........ Yea the old Vermeer driveshaft , ya know what the guy from Vermeer said , the vibration that you see on the machine is 10xs worse inside the shaft housing mostly from gear box bearings wiping out , mine broke and made a sound like it was coming out of that tube .

Installed this wheel on Monday on one of our vermeer TX60. We had a Vermeer wheel on it with their yellow jacket system...
What a night and day difference.
Amazing improvement in cutting speed.
3-10 hour days of hard grinding hardwoods and soft woods in rocky ground and we haven't changed a single tooth. With the yellow jacket system we would have used at least 10 teeth by now and I am sure a few broken bolts.
at less then $3k for the complete wheel and a box loaded up with an overkill of spare parts this wheel will pay for it self in no time.

And it doesn't hurt that dave is very helpful and good to work with.

I am actually sick to my stomach thinking about the tens of thousands of dollars we have wasted over the years on yellow jackets and green teeth

I have a Bandit 2550 with 20 hours on it . I disliked the revelation wheel so much I took it off .

If anyone is interested in buying I will sell it .

Latest posts

Back