Richer oil/fuel mix (or not)?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl 041S
I'm picturing the Bart Simpson type of unlocking for some reason .
More than you could ever imagine. But not really relevant in another oil myth thread

So you are the one that can’t imagine.........because it is nothing like that.

Ever see the beginning of War Games? 1983
Some of the most realistic details I’ve ever seen in a movie.
Did a double take And looked at my then wife ( first female in Special Weapons in the Army) and she was starring back. That many details.

Justsaws

Justsaws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Most saw brands that marketed the own brand oil did this It was & still is BS to get you to buy their brand of oil there are many blended oil brews on the market equal or better than any saw branded oil

So it is generally accepted “knowledge” that OEM put “bs” in their operators manuals in regard to mix ratios.

Kind of like when a governmental regulatory agency produces a target number that OEM’s have to recommend so that they are in compliance with an agencies regulations thus allowing them to sell products in that particular regulated country.

Pretty sure that the manuals instructions regarding mix ratios are all bs, not just a little bit bs.

AlfA01

AlfA01

ArboristSite Guru
Your quote ONLY mentions the use of Stihl oil. And incorrect quote it is.

I saw no “N” as you have it.

My quote is from their current web site.....maybe you should have them change it......

And MY post got more likes.........

And lighten up.....it’s an OIL THREAD for silliness sake.

It’s like arguing car color.

And politics....for goodness sakes the Russians made him do it! :crazy2:

Bwildered

Bwildered

Tree Freak
So it is generally accepted “knowledge” that OEM put “bs” in their operators manuals in regard to mix ratios.

Kind of like when a governmental regulatory agency produces a target number that OEM’s have to recommend so that they are in compliance with an agencies regulations thus allowing them to sell products in that particular regulated country.

Pretty sure that the manuals instructions regarding mix ratios are all bs, not just a little bit bs.
Some just make it up as they go along, once apon a time the manufacturers tried to specify that only their oil could be used, they soon changed their tune when our govt consumer protection agency told them that if they stipulated that & their warranties were dependent on their specified oil, then they would had to supply the oil free of charge.

Stihl 041S
The ultimate suicide tool Seagull 40+ start on full throttle & by design its permanently in gear & NO clutch
And the high torque made it exciting when you added it in.
Went to pull an anchor and watched the transom head to the waterline quick.
And like you said. No clutch. You had to kill it.

Bwildered

Bwildered

Tree Freak
So you are the one that can’t imagine.........because it is nothing like that.

Ever see the beginning of War Games? 1983
Some of the most realistic details I’ve ever seen in a movie.
Did a double take And looked at my then wife ( first female in Special Weapons in the Army) and she was starring back. That many details.
Am I addressing the organ grinder or the monkey who turned the key?
I couldn't imagine anyone in either position being able to divulge anything about that sort of activity with out breaking some sort of law, unless they were as clever as Bart Simpson.

Little Al

Little Al

Addicted to ArboristSite

The BS i refereed to is the instructions to use a two times richer fuel/oil mix when not using the saw makers oil Ie Stihl say 50/1 with their oil 25/1 with other There are many brands of 2 Smoke oil brands on the market equiv or superior to Stihl oil so you can/could so choose to use a non Stihl oil at 50/1 ratio it would perform as well if not better than the saw branded oil The oil we use is blended by a group of ex ELF guys & exceeds the specs of all the popular brands of mix oil but by Stiihls Info BS we should only use a mix of 25/1 As an aside out of 32 oil brands/types tested Stihls finest only managed around 12th place in the league tabel

rayjay257

rayjay257

ArboristSite Operative
Take a small one or two ounce measuring cup and put one ounce of oil in it. Then take a one quart measuring device and put 20 ounces of oil in it. Then with your mark 1 eyeball give the 2 containers a good look. If you want, do the same with 32 oz of gas and then with 50. What I am getting at is that even at 20:1 there is very little oil in the mix. I started working at a Kawasaki shop in 1973. Quit in 83. Worked on a lot of 2 strokes. The only time I've seen damage is with 4 stroke oil in the tank or when there is no oil. As long as the carb is set right the premix ratio is just not critical.

Stihl 041S
Take a small one or two ounce measuring cup and put one ounce of oil in it. Then take a one quart measuring device and put 20 ounces of oil in it. Then with your mark 1 eyeball give the 2 containers a good look. If you want, do the same with 32 oz of gas and then with 50. What I am getting at is that even at 20:1 there is very little oil in the mix. I started working at a Kawasaki shop in 1973. Quit in 83. Worked on a lot of 2 strokes. The only time I've seen damage is with 4 stroke oil in the tank or when there is no oil. As long as the carb is set right the premix ratio is just not critical.
Hey Bucko!!!!!

If you are bringing in facts and common sense then you can leave right now!!!

Stihl 041S
Am I addressing the organ grinder or the monkey who turned the key?
I couldn't imagine anyone in either position being able to divulge anything about that sort of activity with out breaking some sort of law, unless they were as clever as Bart Simpson.
You said I couldn’t imagine and here you say you can’t.

When Kissinger said there were nukes north of the Alps it was on the news. If we said it ......jail time.

NRAS. Nuclear Release Authentication Syatem.
A message come in with a 10 letter Preamble.
Look at the movie.......they even used 10 digits.
In the Cold War it was a surprise to us that we would see that.
In the movie it was DLG2209TVX I believe.

Tells the basic who,what,when,where. Special instructions to follow.

Then a member of each team opens their safe and decodes.
Then compare.

Stihl 041S
you tell 'em Rob. it's a friggin oil thread. :dumb2: no offense @rayjay257 . well maybe. :laugh: i rode yamaha's with Klotz and Belray.
Throwing some Locust tomorrow with the JredS 621 Cantdog built for me.

Make room at the newer farm.
Then go fence 2 crew of asparagus to keep dem deers out!!

Oil will be used in the fuel.

Bwildered

Bwildered

Tree Freak
You said I couldn’t imagine and here you say you can’t.

When Kissinger said there were nukes north of the Alps it was on the news. If we said it ......jail time.

NRAS. Nuclear Release Authentication Syatem.
A message come in with a 10 letter Preamble.
Look at the movie.......they even used 10 digits.
In the Cold War it was a surprise to us that we would see that.
In the movie it was DLG2209TVX I believe.

Tells the basic who,what,when,where. Special instructions to follow.

Then a member of each team opens their safe and decodes.
Then compare.
i was fairly certain I wasn't addressing the organ grinder, but it never hurts to ask & make absolutely sure.

Stihl 041S
i was fairly certain I wasn't addressing the organ grinder, but it never hurts to ask & make absolutely sure.

And you derived this from your back ground?

It was and is a real business

Take from it what you will.

NRAS
SANRAS
EMAS

Worked them all at different places.

Many sites are closed now.

23rd Ord in Heilbronn Germany
525 at Segalsbach Germany
Seneca Army Depot. The locals didn’t know there were 1300 Special Weapons in a 600 acre X Area in the middle of New York’s Finger Lakes region. ..... yes. That’s what it was called.....the X Area. Igloos full of BBs. Two 10 ft fences with a 4300 volt 8 foot fence between then. And a huge White whitetail ( not an albino) that lived in the X area that frustrated every hunter stationed there.

Bwildered

Bwildered

Tree Freak
And you derived this from your back ground?

It was and is a real business

Take from it what you will.

NRAS
SANRAS
EMAS

Worked them all at different places.

Many sites are closed now.

23rd Ord in Heilbronn Germany
525 at Segalsbach Germany
Seneca Army Depot. The locals didn’t know there were 1300 Special Weapons in a 600 acre X Area in the middle of New York’s Finger Lakes region. ..... yes. That’s what it was called.....the X Area. Igloos full of BBs. Two 10 ft fences with a 4300 volt 8 foot fence between then. And a huge White whitetail ( not an albino) that lived in the X area that frustrated every hunter stationed there.
not many people understand letter abbreviations even within your organisations , but don't be thinking no one else but you and your missus, have worked for national governments with their military forces & had to abide by official secrets acts they had signed their lives away with & were above the task of a key turner.

Stihl 041S
not many people understand letter abbreviations even within your organisations , but don't be thinking no one else but you and your missus, have worked for national governments with their military forces & had to abide by official secrets acts they had signed their lives away with & were above the task of a key turner.
Never said I/we did. YOU said you couldn’t imagine.
I explained one abbreviation and you can google the rest. Well I guess you can.

Mustang71

Mustang71

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.

Exactially so why the hell do some of you odd people care if I mix 2.6 ounces or 3.2 ounces of oil into a gallon of gas. How is that much different than 100:1 of amsoil. None of it smokes or makes anything stupid happen when you mix in a half an ounce more of oil. 40:1 every time works for me.

Latest posts